A 372xp died today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackjcc

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
And it was the spark plug that did it, bastard.
4c6760cb98aeb97929b5375138b6829b.jpg

BUT! Somehow it did very little damage to the cylinder. Mostly around the squish band but I think it will run fine.
ae8d73442c0ca6129ea8096d53b23619.jpg
7c0e795bc7e34d95b8225164600d4f29.jpg

The piston experienced damage with stuck rings. I'm pretty shocked the piston was damaged like this and not the cylinder.
7faf80e83bdec7d37722b752acc025d1.jpg

So I'll put a meteor in it and get her sawing again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The arc arm ended up in the lower case, it scratched the paint a few times as the engine died and then wedged the crank from turning. I grabbed it out of the bottom where it was stuck by the oil residue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

send that pic to NGK, see if they send ya a box of plugs lol done that when i smoked. called up players and said i had 50% of a carton of smokes all busted up. was true and they sent me a couple carton for free! i actually couldn't believe it. didn't even ask for them.

Man you dodged a bullet!! Thankfully the entire arm broke off causing the engine to shut down. If that only cracked off a piece and the spark was able to continue, you'd be in for a lot more.

Did you open the gap at any time to clean the plug? Or is this a genuine ngk fault?
I'm not sure if it was ever re gapped. Plugs are cheap and I know I would always replace with new.

I'm fixing this saw for a tree company. Their go to mechanic told them it wasn't worth the cost to fix a few larger saws, so he gave them to me to give it a go.

I also have a 394 that was locking up and sometimes wouldn't turn over. Not sure what caused that, but I'm taking a look at the one next.

You never saw that type of plug failure years back , friggin poor QC !!

Back