A day in the log yard.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice video, great commentary.
I ran a then new 966F-II for the local hardwood chipper, fed pulp to the ring and drum debarkers and loaded bark trucks. It would do 24 MPH down hill on asphalt. It carried almost exactly 3 cord on average, 4 if it was a lucky grab with heavy long wood. Had a quick-change system for changing the clam to a 6 yard bucket. That machine had the button on the joystick set so that when digging into a pile of whatever in 2nd gear it would downshift into 1st when you hit the button. It would go back into whatever gear it was in when shifted into reverse. Used it a lot for slowing down as I filled the box trailers with bark too.

Make pretty short work out of a truckload. Is that a mill that the new front loader is feeding? If so, I would love to see some footage of that if possible!

Nice video, great commentary.
I ran a then new 966F-II for the local hardwood chipper, fed pulp to the ring and drum debarkers and loaded bark trucks. It would do 24 MPH down hill on asphalt. It carried almost exactly 3 cord on average, 4 if it was a lucky grab with heavy long wood. Had a quick-change system for changing the clam to a 6 yard bucket. That machine had the button on the joystick set so that when digging into a pile of whatever in 2nd gear it would downshift into 1st when you hit the button. It would go back into whatever gear it was in when shifted into reverse. Used it a lot for slowing down as I filled the box trailers with bark too.

single stick control like the John Deere..The little yellow thumb switch is the top clamp..I jump from cat 966 to Allis 945 and several heel booms so no biggie for me, I only get to set in it for a second.
attachment.php

Back