A dead hazard tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The MS 460 was the only saw I had available the day I was cleaning up. It was a little cumbersome to swing.

When I was younger I'd fight with the saw to get every bit out of the chain. I can't do it anymore though. I'd rather put on another chain. That way I get to rest a little. Enjoyed the Video.

Not to be mean, but I sure wouldn't have posted a video like that. Thanks for the laugh though as you bout lost the saw on the bottom of the cut.

Yes this is me. The ground was rough and there was a lot holes where the tree fell, made footing unsafe.

You were very brave to post that video. It's obvious that you haven't done much real saw work but you didn't mind letting us all see you in action. I'm not sure what that says about your standards. Thanks for the entertainment.

And...get some suspenders. Please. I mean, damn.

Dayum ! That looked like a lot of work !
Here's one of mine .

HPIM1321.JPG

Darn pasture spruce !

Here's a limbing lesson from a member here .

[video=youtube;TwWOkJ_A6vI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TwWOkJ_A6vI[/video]

Amazing.Hope to see more video,just kidding,I am always surprised what will be here on the best site known as AS!

See what a sharp chain will do for ya.

And experience !

Not to mention some pretty hard razzing from everyone at AS! :laugh::laugh:

Well, I'm sure we all have a few things we're glad were not videoed and posted online. Yes, he did a few silly and funny (and scary) things, but he didn't cut his leg off.
So, how about some constructive criticism? Let's make a list of things he might not be aware of that he ought to address (and it will help me and others be aware of them as well when we do our next tree).

1. Suspenders or a long-tail shirt! :msp_ohmy:
2. Right size saw for the job
3. Sharp chain, and properly tensioned
4. Don't leave the running saw in the tree to adjust the camera
5. Keep a firm grip on the saw so you don't ground the tip when you cut through
6. Eye protection when working with all those branches in your face

Others to add?

Latest posts

Back