A thankyou shout to Wigglesworth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alderman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Awhile back Jeremy let me know he had a Shindaiwa 500 that needed a handle. I offered him a handle but he's not really into Shindaiwa's so he cut me a good deal and shipped the saw to me.

Swapped handles and put it all back together. I don't know how they got the fuel lines through those little holes. I ended up drilling them a bit larger.

Put it all together and realized I had the fuel line and impulse line in the wrong spot so I got to tear it apart again.

Put a new (used stop switch) on it twice before I found one that worked. Thought I was going to have to tear it apart again because getting the switch out took some doing.

Finally got it back together and it actually fired up.

Started chemo this week and having this saw to work on sure made for a nice day.

Jeremy

Good deal. Get well soon, having things to do in the mean time is good to keep your mind off the chemo.

I thought about tossing around some puns like "sounds like you got your wiggles worth" or "you found out how much a wiggles worth" or "even a Shinny is worth a wiggle". I just got off work, it's early and I'm tired. Good morning/good night all. JJuday

Awhile back Jeremy let me know he had a Shindaiwa 500 that needed a handle. I offered him a handle but he's not really into Shindaiwa's so he cut me a good deal and shipped the saw to me.

Swapped handles and put it all back together. I don't know how they got the fuel lines through those little holes. I ended up drilling them a bit larger.

Put it all together and realized I had the fuel line and impulse line in the wrong spot so I got to tear it apart again.

Put a new (used stop switch) on it twice before I found one that worked. Thought I was going to have to tear it apart again because getting the switch out took some doing.

Finally got it back together and it actually fired up.

Started chemo this week and having this saw to work on sure made for a nice day.

Jeremy

Dang,, you didnt see that 500 in my parts pile ??

yep,,us ky boys maybe rednecks but we do step up to the plate when needed ,, way to go wiggs,,

Here's the proof

She was set up for .325 so I put on an 18" bar and 72 links of 20RC.

I had to put on the dawg too because I think it makes them look macho.

When I get a chance I'll run her up to temperature and give her a final carb setting.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Now that I think about it, there was probably nothing wrong with the stop switch other than it was missing the little metal tab for the ground wire. I could have probably just added the tab as they just slide onto the switch.
Learned a lesson on this one if I can just remember it for next time.:dizzy:

+1 Wigglesworth is a very helpful guy who knows and shares a whole lot. Hope the chemo doesn't get you down real bad and that everything works out just fine for you.
What's wrong with the Wiggs, I didn't know he wasn't ok. I'm sure he'll shake it regardless of what it is.
John

Back