Accepting online payments

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmycrackcorn

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to post this but i figured.. Money, payments, business...ehh they all go together..

So.. Can anyone help me out with some info on how to accept payment methods when selling items online?

1. If using PayPal, what is the easiest most hassle free way of going about it.

2. Can you use PayPal with out a bank account?

3. What about money orders? Are there too many things that can go bad with them?

I want to sell a saw through the trading post but don't want to post it up all fine n' dandy & then have no way of receiving payment. I do have a PayPal account but it only has a CC on it, not a debit connected to a bank.

Thanks for any advice.. Also if this isn't the right spot maybe the mods could move it somewhere?

PayPal is probably the easiest, because the buyer doesn't have to have an account. If you connect a checking account to YOUR PayPal it takes like 3 business days to transfer money. PAYPAL issues a PayPal debit card connected directly to your PayPal account so you can just go to any atm and withdraw without the delay.

Square card reader is also good. You can type in the buyers card information for over the phone or Internet transactions and the money will be in your account next business day. Some times two.

I use both square and PayPal

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Hey Jr.. Thanks, I've never heard of square reader. Although I'm not a business I'll still check it out.

In our firewood business I deliver the product my wife bills the customer they send us a check or drop cash off or pay me up front it works but I have been stung but now my customers are regular you have to work up a customer base and it takes years. Image people I wouldn't sell to for cash up front have regulars and they come first do not let my self run out of wood for them.

Credit Card up front and billed at completion of service. No bounced checks, no crews handling cash, etc.

Edit: Sorry....I didnt read the full post before posting. My advice is irrelevant:oops:

You're just wanting a payment method for selling a saw online, right? Paypal is probably your best bet. I'm not sure if it has to be connected to a bank account or not. I use paypal a LOT. I sell calls, so I am able to sell online with paypal, swipe a card through paypal reader on my phone, and I have a paypal debit card that I use for business related purchases... so I can print out my reports at the end of the year for taxes and everything is right there.

I don't know how you'd get the money from paypal if you don't link it to your bank account, unless you just kept the funds in your account and used it to buy stuff online.

Post office money order, most solid way. Slow but never have a problem. Been burned by paypal, plus their charges. ( I have no idea why, never could get a real person to talk to, just xyz computer generated responses- so no longer use it)) I can accept credit cards as well but here again there is a 3% or so charge/ so either you are giving a discount or have to add it into the price. I state up front that credit/ debit cards carry a 3% up charge.

Latest posts

Back