Advanced hydraulics dual pump splitter build diesel mower conversion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still more hoses to install.

80cd0092a119ed1176cccfaf25efaf58.jpg

Sam - I didn't have time to read the thread, but will suggest an idea since you have a tandem pump (kind of like my project).

What you can do is run one pump to your low flow functions including one section for your ram at the 3250 psi then your second pump gets fed to a mid inlet combiner which then feeds another ram section but this one will need to be set at 2000 psi but it has the full flow of both pumps

You might already be into deep to use this idea but it gives you the best of both worlds - low flow and High psi as well as high flow and low psi

G'day Gents
I have the opportunity to obtain a fair way mower cheaply and am considering building a processor just like this one
I've the skills to build just not the brains to nut it out
would it be to inconvenient to seek even more help and advise than is already offered here
I've hand split for many years to provide wood for up to three family house holds but having just last week suffered my third heart attack and had a pacemaker fitted thought it time to try to make life a tad easier as I sometimes have to sell a bit of wood to try and make ends meet
I'm almost 60 and have to admit I'm struggling a bit but I'm not lying down to die stuff that yeah :O)

Sam - the mid inlet allows you to have the upstream sectional valves with only the flow of the one pump and the down stream sections will be pump 1 and 2.

I have a tandem 16 gpm pump with 25 hp engine.

My log lift, adjustable wedge lift, and high pressure ram control will be supplied by 16 gpm, then followed by my mid inlet in which I bring in the second 16 gpm pump to feed another ram section valve.

If I want fast ram speed, I'll use the 32 gpm section but this is limited to a lower pressure due to hp limitations. If I need high splitting force, I use the 16 gpm ram control valve which is set at a higher pressure

Hope that explains how a mid inlet combiner works

Sam: You may want to loosen the hose clamps on the boom until you know how much the cylinder is going to move. I just replaced several hoses on my forklift. When checking for leaks, I realized I could have easily ripped a fitting out of a cylinder for lack of hose play. Side note: It's almost time to get the swimming pools out.
IMG_2948.jpg IMG_2947.jpg IMG_1722.jpg photo.jpg
Kids!

Thanks. Yes they are loose. Because of the swivel of the boom trying to keep the hoses from twisting by having the hose loop and move in and out. Hard to explain.

Also made a safety stop for the boom. The hydraulics will lift the boom then I will insert the stop so the boom will not lower. Just encase I hit the wrong lever. I hit my head enough as it is.

Todays project is a work table for the super split.
bf5e47aae14fea1fd411301beac37668.jpg

406a168e066ffd9ea43730f404d20c2b.jpg

A little wider than oem work table

Getting closer.

d6f27d8864b6146c6ae62c515dd6871c.jpg

Waiting for manifold to come UPS

What is the thing all the hoses are going to in this pic (that I quoted, I didn't include all the other pics)? I can see 9 hoses from from it, and I know there are more. What's that for or what's is function?

What is the thing all the hoses are going to in this pic (that I quoted, I didn't include all the other pics)? I can see 9 hoses from from it, and I know there are more. What's that for or what's is function?

They are flow dividers/priority valves. Total of three flow dividers. One is fixed at 9 gpm for the drive wheels. The other two are variable with a set screw. But the instructions don't say which way to turn to increase or decrease. The second is to adjust the return stroke of the main cylinder. Afraid it would return to fast. The third is to divide the flow of the second pump between the winch and the (four way wedge, stabilizer jack, boom and steering wheel) There is also a check valve added to one of the flow dividers.

Also using the power beyond feature on both valve assemblies.

Think I should break out the label maker to label the handles.

Sam: You may want to loosen the hose clamps on the boom until you know how much the cylinder is going to move. I just replaced several hoses on my forklift. When checking for leaks, I realized I could have easily ripped a fitting out of a cylinder for lack of hose play. Side note: It's almost time to get the swimming pools out.
View attachment 502549 View attachment 502550 View attachment 502552 View attachment 502553
Kids!
Loose but not loose enough. Good call!

Latest posts

Back