Advice on Jonsered 630

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2cycleman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just bought a jonsered 630 to add to my collection today. Never been around a jonsered so i was wondering if this was a good saw, or anything i need to know about it. It has a 16 inch bar on it but looking to put a 18 inch on it. i paid 100.00 for it in very good condition with low hours on it. I thought i was a fair price so i took it.
000_0162.jpg

It is basically the same saw as the Husky 162se, and made at the Husky factory.

The saw has a very good reputation, but the power to weight ratio isn't great - the 670 Super/Champ and Husky 268xp is basically the same saw, as is the Husky 272xp.

Last edited:
yes it looks like new. I took the muffler off and the piston and cylinder are as shiny as they were new. It had one problem but a quick fix, the gas line was rotted off in the tank. I still took the carb apart to look and be sure also put new diaphram in it. This saw has sat on a shelf for sometime. Should i put a bigger bar on it or leave the 16 inch on? Jason

It looks like you have a very early 630 (82-83?). What is the serial #? It has the metal chain brake handle. I would love to see a pic from the clutch side to see the handle.

I run a 16" on mine, but would not hesitate to go to an 18" or 20". I have a lot of hours on my (3) 630's, but they don't see much time anymore.

The serial number is 82-009625. By the first numbers of the serial it looks to be a 82, i didnt think it was that old bieng it was in such good condition. Here is a picture of the clutch side. Jason
000_0194.jpg

Nice saw my little bros is in my shop right now, great saw.We run a 24" with a full skip chain in red oak all day long in wi and it does an great job.Good by He paid 300.00!!! Thanks:chainsawguy:

The serial number is 82-009625. By the first numbers of the serial it looks to be a 82, i didnt think it was that old bieng it was in such good condition. Here is a picture of the clutch side. Jason

Thanks for the pic. Its been a long time since I've seen one of those. All of mine have the plastic "flag".

I have one that the dealer said is shot pretty much
piston scored and not worth a rebuild he said. or
I didn't want to put much more than $150 or some were around that
and think i ran it too lean I was mixing 1/50 and cutting 16-24" maple and beech

it was a good saw. It idled like crap but it sure would cut.

000_0194.jpg

Looks really good, can't have seen much use......:blob2: :blob2: :biggrinbounce2:

looks like one heck of a buy to me. I love the 600 series jonsereds. they are one great all around firewood saw. your going to be proud of that saw. Excellent buy.

Back