Advice on removal of two Oaks that are close to my house

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of our California arborists will chime in on the price, they know the market. Your insurance, CARB, equipment situation is so insanely expensive compared to anywhere else in the nation they're the only ones that can give you an honest answer.

As far as can it be dropped? That's a very tough question to answer from a picture.

I agreed to a deal with one of the arborists. Remove the 2 blue oaks, chip the brush, cut wood to lengths and grind the stumps. He is also going to climb a dying digger pine that I have and cut off the Y that is getting ready to take out my fence. I do the clean up on the pine. All for $3500. It makes me sick to my stomach to shell out that much cash but I think it needs to be done.

Watch how much work it is, how much equipment he needs, how hard it is on that equipment, and then remember that you live in California, land of CARB and a multitude of other idiotic regs, and that price will look much more reasonable.

Yup, people do not know all the crazy regs we have. Pretty soon we will have to register our chainsaws with the state and get an annual smog check,
Jeff

I agreed to a deal with one of the arborists. Remove the 2 blue oaks, chip the brush, cut wood to lengths and grind the stumps. He is also going to climb a dying digger pine that I have and cut off the Y that is getting ready to take out my fence. I do the clean up on the pine. All for $3500. It makes me sick to my stomach to shell out that much cash but I think it needs to be done.

We just charged a guy $2600 to shear his hedge.
Time is money. Mechanics, plumbers, electricians etc don't work for free.

Terrible waste of money and asset. If the other arborists did not quote pruning, you were not well served.

After talking with a few friends I decided on another option. The arborist is going to fell the trees, grind the stumps and remove a huge branch from a Digger Pine for me. Me and my friends are gong to do the clean up and cut to lengths. This option will save me $1500! My friends that help get to keep the wood.

Latest posts

Back