After-Market Manufacturers P/C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In your opinion which are the "top" aftermarket manufacturers for pistons/cylinders?

I'm seeing OEM prices anywhere from $250 to $375. There has got to be a viable alternative with high quality metallurgy, engineering, selection and support...

Several here give good props to Meteor pistons. I've used one and thought it was great. On the other hand I haven't had any problems with Golf pistons either. Others have. Never had a problem with a Baileys piston either.

"metallurgy, engineering, selection and support... " lolol... the first two are bordering on a joke in the chainsaw afterparts world... the later two even if good do not make up for a poor quality product.

Brad's glass is half full; mine's not big enough:greenchainsaw:

MANY on AS have had failures with AIP, GOLF and Baileys pisitons... and there are also many fried or poorly made cyinders. The latest fiasco with "ductile iron rings" on the "premium product give me no confidence.

In short, there aren't any top quaility aftermarket sources. You get what you pay for and do roll the dice.

Maybe... one... Tecomec.. but they make a very limited range... Meteor?... time will tell.

Use search.... thousands of posts on this topic.

What saw?

Last edited:
"metallurgy, engineering, selection and support... " lolol... the first two are bordering on a joke in the chainsaw afterparts world... the later two even if good do not make up for a poor quality product.

Brad's glass is half full; mine's not big enough:greenchainsaw:

MANY on AS have had failures with AIP, GOLF and Baileys pisitons... and there are also many fried or poorly made cyinders. The latest fiasco with "ductile iron rings" on the "premium product give me no confidence.

In short, there aren't any top quaility aftermarket sources. You get what you pay for and do roll the dice.

Maybe... one... Tecomec.. but they make a very limited range... Meteor?... time will tell.

Use search.... thousands of posts on this topic.

What saw?

If/when I ever have to do it, I'll go OEM myself...no time for science projects!
:greenchainsaw:

For the price of after market I'll go with a good used OEM Piston and Cylinder and put in a new set of OEM rings and you should be good to go.

Back