Aftermarket stihl 044 cylinder kit pictures (meteor)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandonstc6

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have an 044 that has so many hours that the nicasil is gone from the cylinder. I have a good used crank from another saw but I still need a cylinder. I am considering a raisman cylinder kit. Has anyone used one of these kits? Is it a good kit? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had one years ago that was terrible. Maybe they've improved since then.
I'd buy the ported cylinder from CFB if I were you.

I had one years ago that was terrible. Maybe they've improved since then.
I'd buy the ported cylinder from CFB if I were you.

I'll check into it and see. I've never used an aftermarket cylinder before.
Thanks

I put a Raisman kit on my Stihl 029 - It was an 039/390 kit. I don't think it's up to Mahle standards, but I didn't see anything to complain about either. It's been about a year and no issues so far. That said, I have no experience with the Raisman 044 kit specifically.

Sent from my SM-J120W using Tapatalk

Whatever D bag... Now I remember why I don't post over here anymore.

What the heck is your issue? I have no idea who you are even!

It was a legit question, i am interested in ported cylinders. Again, what other site?

What the heck is your issue? I have no idea who you are even!

It was a legit question, i am interested in ported cylinders. Again, what other site?

I found the post he was referencing, it on the outdoor power equipment site. I am not paying $200 for a cylinder and piston. I was considering the raisman kit because it's only $50

I put a Raisman kit on my Stihl 029 - It was an 039/390 kit. I don't think it's up to Mahle standards, but I didn't see anything to complain about either. It's been about a year and no issues so far. That said, I have no experience with the Raisman 044 kit specifically.

Did you have to do any grinding on the ports or did everything look good as is.

Everything was good as-is. I was only concerned about casting roughness or deformities -- I never did any close look at whether the overall openings were a different sizes -- but there couldn't have been much difference or I would have been prompted to look. I think the hole drilled for the ground screw was over sized compared to oem -- that's a common complaint on 039 kits from various sources and I don't know if you'd have the same on an 044 kit.

Everything was good as-is. I was only concerned about casting roughness or deformities -- I never did any close look at whether the overall openings were a different sizes -- but there couldn't have been much difference or I would have been prompted to look. I think the hole drilled for the ground screw was over sized compared to oem -- that's a common complaint on 039 kits from various sources and I don't know if you'd have the same on an 044 kit.

Thanks for the information. that's the information I was looking for. I still have to make sure my crank is a 12mm pin version.

You're welcome. I'm sure there are some better kits out there if you've got extra money to spend, but when I did mine I just wanted to get myself up and reliably running on a minimal budget. I hope you have a similarly good experience.

I almost forgot to mention -- I did pick up the oem Stihl circlips and reused the oem pin -- there wasn't anything wrong with the one in the kit, but I find the oem clips much easier to work without special tools (and the oem pin mated better with the oem clips). I also bought Caber rings - theoretically they give better compression and it's a cheap upgrade.

I had an eBay coupon to get $15 off a purchase over $75 so, I went ahead and bought a meteor cylinder and piston kit. Thanks for the information everyone.

Here I was trying to be helpful! Geez. There's always that guy who sees your new truck and runs out to buy a bigger truck with more chrome. ;)

Here I was trying to be helpful! Geez. There's always that guy who sees your new truck and runs out to buy a bigger truck with more chrome. ;)

I might should have gone with the raisman but I had the coupon and decided to pull the trigger because they'd be close in price by the time I bought caber rings. I may try a raisman next. I had heard good things about meteor so I decided to try that.

Just giving you a hard time. I have heard Meteor kits are better. An 044 is an entirely superior saw to an 029 -- so going with a better grade kit is a good investment. And the Meteor kits include Caber rings. Solid choice.

I gotcha, lol. I have heard good things about them. I will keep raisman in mind for other projects. I fix up old saws and sell them but I end up keeping more than I sell so I guess I call myself a collector now.

I have the same problem -- repaired or rebuilt about 7 saws and I've convinced myself to part with 1.

Back