Alaska logs over priced

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Falkowski

AKfishbum
Reaction score
Hi, im new to the site. Have been searching for logs to start building but the prices that we hav encountered around the fairbanks area are outrageous. Does anyone have any contacts or suggestions? Thank you for your time and comments.

What kind of logs?

My buddy bought saw logs from around Fairbanks some years ago to finish an order (often slim pickings here for big spruce) Nice stuff, prices weren't too horrible.

We are looking for some 8- 10in logs white spruce, we received some quotes today and were a bit taken back by it all.
I tend to think people are generally similar around the world, & changes occur over time. That being said 33 years ago my Dad was seeking pine logs machined for a 2 thousand square foot house. He called every mill around and happened on a batch of red cedar , that had a deposit paid. The buyer could not come up with the rest of the funds. The mill sold that batch of double T&G flat interior , natural outside logs for about what pine for the house alone wood have been. There was enough extra for a three car garage also. Just saying not all have the same price or material. Best of luck in your search, keep seeking & luck may come your way.

Back