All wood log splitters.........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feel free to ask me any questions you like. I recieved mine in about April I think??????
1. I will tell you that their lead time is quite awhile. I think I waited close to 4-5 month's to get mine.
2. They are expensive. Not for everyone. Which is why I split it with good friend/ neighbor.
3. There is only 1 other guy I know of who has 1 on here. His name is GM-Grimmy I think. He has replied to some of my posts. He was the only person who replied about them when I asked.
4. Only 1 problem in 40 hrs. which was my fault for leaving out in rain. Fuse holder corroded.
5. He normally delivers half way. I am sure that depends on mileage though. He drove about 2 1/2 hrs to meet me 1/2 way.

$6000 if you can wait till 2015 for it. But is it really that expensive when you figure in the, 4 and 6 way hyd adjusted wedge, upgraded suspension/tires, 30 gal Hyd capacity.

FYI ...... I have used my 6 way wedge about 30 min. probably out of 40 hrs. Also hauled mine home from Ft. Wayne which is 2 1/2 hrs. away @ 75mph. Axle, tires, everything is top notch.

I doubt I would use it that much, and from what I have seen of the nonadjustable 4 ways (on other units), they leave the pieces too big. I would have to resplit them anyway

The 4-way does adjust. It comes standerd and will lower down all the way where it only splits into 2 pieces ( on mine any way). 6 way wedge you have to remove 2 nuts in order to install 6 way wedge. I am off work tomorrow & will try to post up more pics of my splitter. Never know maybe Bobby will start giving me a kickback. :givebeer:

by other units, I meant other brands that have a set 4 way. I have came to the conclusion that we split our wood to big, and need to do a few extra splits.

The 6-way in essence will lower to become a 4-way at all times. You would just raise to split into 6 pieces.

20140503_132120-jpg.348671
This is about a 36" oak round.
This was 10yr. old oak. Hard as a rock. Could hardly cut. Split up to 40". All you have to do is get them rolled over.

Looked it up & ours was musclewood series. I have stopped it about 4 times, but I AM SPLITTING THE NASTIEST STUFF YOU HAVE SEEN!!!!!!
Edit: We did get Redwood series.

Timberwolf TW-2HD with lift at my local dealer is 46 hundred. Add a 4 way, table, 15 gallon more oil capacity, hyd wedge adjustment and hwy tires and suspension and upgrade the motor to a GX390 compared to a gx270. That is alot of upgrades for $1500. That being said, 6000 is a chunk of change. I used the 2HD because that is the one I priced. Looking at the specs, a better comparison would be the TW-5.

Feel free to ask me any questions you like. I recieved mine in about April I think??????
1. I will tell you that their lead time is quite awhile. I think I waited close to 4-5 month's to get mine.
2. They are expensive. Not for everyone. Which is why I split it with good friend/ neighbor.
3. There is only 1 other guy I know of who has 1 on here. His name is GM-Grimmy I think. He has replied to some of my posts. He was the only person who replied about them when I asked.
4. Only 1 problem in 40 hrs. which was my fault for leaving out in rain. Fuse holder corroded.
5. He normally delivers half way. I am sure that depends on mileage though. He drove about 2 1/2 hrs to meet me 1/2 way.

I used to have one, an Oak Series. I ended up returning it though. Not the machine for me, as I found just too many things I did not like on it. I think I had to wait about 2 months for mine, from order to pick up. Mine would not split everything that was put on it. Expensive, yes, but the type of wood I was cutting, it was worth it, having the log lift. I had it about 9 months, it was low hours, but there were a lot of bumps along the way, some I thought were major. I took a hit taking it back, but I'd rather not own something I wasn't happy with. In the end, this was not the machine for me and my operation. I learned quite a bit from it, and am moving forward onto something else. Could I recommend one, honestly I couldn't say either way. All depends on your operation and what you are splitting. You can message me for any other details.

Rev, you posted you got the redwood series, not the Musclewood. Musclewood has a cooler and a 5" cylinder, Redwood has a 6" cylinder and no cooler.

I used to have one, an Oak Series. I ended up returning it though. Not the machine for me, as I found just too many things I did not like on it. I think I had to wait about 2 months for mine, from order to pick up. Mine would not split everything that was put on it. Expensive, yes, but the type of wood I was cutting, it was worth it, having the log lift. I had it about 9 months, it was low hours, but there were a lot of bumps along the way, some I thought were major. I took a hit taking it back, but I'd rather not own something I wasn't happy with. In the end, this was not the machine for me and my operation. I learned quite a bit from it, and am moving forward onto something else. Could I recommend one, honestly I couldn't say either way. All depends on your operation and what you are splitting. You can message me for any other details.

Rev, you posted you got the redwood series, not the Musclewood. Musclewood has a cooler and a 5" cylinder, Redwood has a 6" cylinder and no cooler.

You are right. I posted wrong one. We did get Redwood series. I am surprised that you got rid of yours and didn't like it. You spoke highly of them while discussing them with me. I am curious as to what "major" problems you had? Also curious as to what you didn't like about it? How does it not fit your operation?

I did when I first got it and the first couple times I used it. After that though, the more I used it, the more things I noticed, and I didn't like. For what it costs, I guess I just expected more. There were some communication issues as well I wasn't happy about, that sorta helped push me over the edge.

Being told most people it in spring and fall/winter, and it was setup for that, was sorta a bummer, as well there are times you take what you can get and such. Running it in summer, 80-85 degree day I had oil 160 degrees and could make eggs on the tank. I didn't have my cooler plugged in cause the engine wouldn't be able to keep the battery charged cause it was 3-5 amp recharge and the fan pulled 13.5 amps. Was a big disagreement in how it should operate. I found the tank was baffled the length of the tank as well, which I say it should be across the tank (at least 2 of them) to slow the draw of the oil and to make sure all the oil gets used. The way it was baffled, the oil in the corners never moved, therefore another time my cooler was cycling (after I put a 140 degree switch in it) and the temp gauge was only ready 120, so there was at least 20 degrees difference. Also the pressure was turned way down, 2100-2200 psi. I thought it was too low, but was told it was to save maintenance costs. So I had quite a few pieces it just didn't want to go through.

For most people, it'll probably work just fine. For me, I expected more...for what it costs. I'll have one custom built to my specs and my needs.

Timberwolf TW-2HD with lift at my local dealer is 46 hundred. Add a 4 way, table, 15 gallon more oil capacity, hyd wedge adjustment and hwy tires and suspension and upgrade the motor to a GX390 compared to a gx270. That is alot of upgrades for $1500. That being said, 6000 is a chunk of change. I used the 2HD because that is the one I priced. Looking at the specs, a better comparison would be the TW-5.
This is what makes the TW3HD such a great deal!

IF you already own a tractor, the 3HD already has the large oil tank, also a big pump so it's fast, and it comes with TW's very Heavy Duty 4-way wedge.

I saw them the other day for $3,295.00, and that's a LOT of splitter for those dollars...

My TW3HD is quickly becoming one of my best buys!

SR

Back