Almost cried

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reminds me of when my dad got a nice saw stuck falling a tree. He used a second saw to finish. As the tree started to come down the stuck saw spun around perfectly, landed right under where the trunk was going and was pushed a good 4 inches into the ground. It did not survive and I have since learned to take the bar off a stuck saw. I'll tip a beer in honor of your saw tonight.

Reminds me of when my dad got a nice saw stuck falling a tree. He used a second saw to finish. As the tree started to come down the stuck saw spun around perfectly, landed right under where the trunk was going and was pushed a good 4 inches into the ground. It did not survive and I have since learned to take the bar off a stuck saw. I'll tip a beer in honor of your saw tonight.

I seen that happen once also on a brand new saw, first cut with a brand new saw. Guy sawing didn`t look up to see the tree was interlocked on one side with another, almost cut the hinge off, saw jammed and the tree started to rotate off the stump taking the saw with it, ended up crushed into the earth under a two ton hemlock.

i got a pretty nice recoil cover marshy. it' been listed for a while with nothing but a bunch of tire kickers. you can have it bud :rock: i hope those tire kickers see this message. i'll scope out a handle at my buddies sunday. i'm afraid finding a nice top cover is like finding hens teeth but i will keep an eye out.

**** i just realized looking at your pics that you have the thick plastic spacer between starter and case. the one i have is for the thin metal spacer. i can't remember if they are the same so we'll have to check part numbers.

**** i just realized looking at your pics that you have the thick plastic spacer between starter and case. the one i have is for the thin metal spacer. i can't remember if they are the same so we'll have to check part numbers.

It depends on which ignition and flywheel he has. I have several recoil covers so I can probably get him the right one. I might have a handle also.

Thanks Shane I appreciate it. I'll take it apart tomorrow and check out what I have. The spacer looked like it might not be damage if it matters. I have a spare cylinder cover and the air filter cover is untouched which is good news.

Back