Almost cried

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on which ignition and flywheel he has. I have several recoil covers so I can probably get him the right one. I might have a handle also.

it sure looks the same as the one i have. i always thought there were only 2 different covers but a few different pulley's. either way, as long as he gets the parts he needs. send me a PM tomorrow marshy. i'll check out what i have too and if we have a match i'll send it along monday. i just have the cover so the guts from yours would have to finish it off.

Sorry to see your misfortune, but I'm sure you'll have it "good as old" in no time! 044 #1 had a mishap a few years back. Needed a new tank handle ($$$), had to straighten the handle bar (it is almost right) and the clutch cover is still cracked, but works just fine.

my first new 372 has been through 3 top covers, recoils, handles, brake flags, and mufflers. original tank and clutch cover though. i'm not proud of it LOL. the day you forgot you left a saw in the firing line! LOL

my first new 372 has been through 3 top covers, recoils, handles, brake flags, and mufflers. original tank and clutch cover though. i'm not proud of it LOL. the day you forgot you left a saw in the firing line! LOL
I hope it's one of those things you only forget once.

fill the cracks with body putty and paint it. 80MPH in the dark and no one can tell it is patched.
I figure a bit much for JB weld.

:D Al

Why, oh why, couldn't it have been an echo?!?!?
If it had been an echo it would have lifted the tree off its self.the echo's are the chuck norris of the saw world.:laugh:

Man thats a shame but things happen.you'll get her fixed back up.just save the old parts as a reminder that things could always get or be worse.;)

View attachment 433939

View attachment 433943

I'm not sure I'm ready to talk about it. Going to go cry in my beer. Only thing I will say is if you bring a second saw into the woods remember where you pit it down.
:cry:

WTB, handle and recoil.

Yeah, so that saw looks a lot different than when I shipped it to you.

Interesting modifications.

The recoil spool has part number 5014024 and the spacer has part number 50 14 095-01. The spacer is fine but the recoil is all busted.

image.jpg

The top front screw hole for the recoil took some minor damage an broke a chip of material off but the hole has a lot more thread left and so worst case is I might need to use a longer screw.

image.jpg

Cylinder has three broken fins, one of which is still intact, middle one is missing and the top one I found the piece.

image.jpg

The recoil mechanism looks VERY much like my Husky 65's, though the cover is different...

For the busted bolt holes maybe you can get enough catch if you put a bit longer screws in, or a long threaded screw installed as a stud with a nut on it.. a bit of a PITA to clean it out in the field as the scrench won't work anymore though

Broken fins? unless you are really working the saw like heck I think it should still be good.. it's the side that gets the better cooling anyhow

By your pictures, it doesn't look like you left it in the woods..

Why, oh why, couldn't it have been an echo?!?!?
or a Wild Thing

Yes, bushhogs and the likes do wrap stuff up in a hurry.. We have a flail mower (like a reverse rotating rototiller).. and I hit a brand new rubber 100' garden hose... yep, all wrapped up under there, and it sure took a while to get it out.

I could have had a similar mishap a while back, I was baling hay at 4 am, had a jerry can of fuel I had emptied into the baler and put by a bale.. some wind had come up and strewn the hay around, so I was going around cleaning up the leftovers, I never saw that jerry can until after I had driven over it and squashed it pretty darned flat... At least with that I hooked the air compressor up to it and reinflated it.. and after a week in the sun with fuel in it it regained it's normal volume...
We used to use old ski poles to mark where to move the irrigation line to.. MANY of those were found in a bale of hay later.

You didn't do as bad as one guy I witnessed when I was a kid.. he was cleaning up his yard in a big way.. and drove clear over his BRAND NEW chevy pickup with a Cat 988 loader... it was completely pancaked... That was a more expensive mistake!

Almost happened to my brand new saw thought I was falling a tree one way barpinches and starts coming towards me I run and somehow saw was saved.

Fortunately this did not happen while on the cut. Just lack of attention to detail and where I had left the saw. Just had to get in one last tree and forgot where I set the saw down as. Only took a 4" branch on a 40-50 ft rotten poplar to do the damage.

Latest posts

Back