Almost cried

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot I left one of my saws in the bucket of my '58 ford tractor one day. Hydros leak a bit, bucket tilted, hit a bump while going, you know what happened next.
You cut the front tire when you went over the sharp chain? :confused:

Knock on wood, I have not yet experienced the tragedy of losing a saw like that, although the day my 162SE seized in my hands was not pleasant.

If you can't find some parts, maybe I can help, there's a guy near me who sold a few 2101 parts,

http://www.leboncoin.fr/jardinage/727598756.htm?ca=1_s

The guy say he has a lot of parts for these saws (I think many parts are the same on the 2010 and the 285, am I right?)

Edit:

Just found another one,

http://www.leboncoin.fr/bricolage/732305426.htm?ca=1_s
Yes, they share a lot of parts. Sound like there might be two different recoils or flywheel covers though. Might be all set though thanks to the generosity of a few individuals. Thanks.

Sure they do! The alcohol thins out the blood and gives you better blood circulation, that way you can handle the vibrations without getting all numb and tingly! :givebeer::innocent:

I've got a 77 carcass but no recoil or flywheel. You are welcome to anything you need.
Thanks but I'm not sure what is compatible. I think I'm all set on parts anyways. Thanks to the generosity of a few individuals I'll have this back together and even have the cylinder fins repaired. I'm going to check the squish before the cylinder ships out and see if it can be tightened up when it goes back together. Thanks everyone that has offered up parts and service.

My neighbor set his saw by a stump and can't remember what one. The grass is now 6ft. That ms362 may never be found.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

My neighbor set his saw by a stump and can't remember what one. The grass is now 6ft. That ms362 may never be found.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Tell him to get to the general vicinity and whistle twice. The MS362 will start up and run on it's own, it's that awesome.

Reminds me of when my dad got a nice saw stuck falling a tree. He used a second saw to finish. As the tree started to come down the stuck saw spun around perfectly, landed right under where the trunk was going and was pushed a good 4 inches into the ground. It did not survive and I have since learned to take the bar off a stuck saw. I'll tip a beer in honor of your saw tonight.
I'm drinking a few now to wash away the pain.

Cylinder shroud, handle and a recoil cover was all it needed. The recoil cover is NOS from eBay. I need to get a replica sticker for the recoil cover...

Latest posts

Back