Am I actually able to purchase a Dolmar??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianosaur

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
After reading all the postings here on the glorious 5100, and watching youtube vids of it, I thought Id jus' go on out and buy me one.

...yeah ok

Dolmar web site lists about eight dealers in my 'area'. None have saws in stock and only 2 would order them for me. After waiting three days for a price call back I got 1 return call. $435+$75 shipping to dealer + 44 tax =$554

Amicks online has them for $389 but after not seeing an "add to cart" button I called them. They dont ship those saws.

Searching the web proved useless for me. I dont believe any of the other sponsors here have or ship Dolmar.

How the :censored: does a company expect to sell a product if their items are not actually available, and without a :censored: price hack charge?

I guess its probably gonna be the 310 for me.

Any help would be wonderful.

Last edited:
Mick means to look for a blown up or used 6400/6401, then buy a piston and cylinder for a 7900 and bolt it on.
There you have a poormans 7900!

You lost me Mick

Look for 6401 Makita's or

He's talking about buying a 6400 because they're cheap, and then ordering a 7900 top end to convert it. Although, I don't know why since you're looking for a 5100. A lot of guys on here have 7900 fetishes.

If you're really wanting a Dolmar, maybe see if there are any members who live by Amicks who'll buy and ship for you? That's what I would do.

Mick means to look for a blown up or used 6400/6401, then buy a piston and cylinder for a 7900 and bolt it on.
There you have a poormans 7900!

Yeah sorry ....buying junk and rigging it isnt for me.

Isnt that kinda like buying an rusted out old Camaro with a weak tranny and trashed interior and dropping in a shiny new 350?

Thanks for the input anyway.

So pretty much it is impossible to buy a Dolmar chainsaw online?

Last edited:

Isnt that kinda like buying an rusted out old Camaro with a trashed interior and dropping in a shiny new 350?

Not impossible, buy you will have to find a dealer to break their agreement with the manufacturer. They can lose their dealership for it.

Also, the 6400/7900 series saws are the same except for the piston and cylinder. There should be no rigging required for a conversion.

Last edited:

Isnt that kinda like buying an rusted out old Camaro with a weak tranny and trashed interior and dropping in a shiny new 350?

As Space said, there is no rgging involved, it's a direct bolt on!! It's like going from a 350 to a 427hp 396!!
With all the homeowners out there it wouldn't suprise me to find a near new one on fleabay that had straight gas run in it for cheap! Also watch the Home Depot rentals for he used ones they sell off.

As for the dealer thing, this has been my fear with them all along!! GREAT product, but laking in support.

Don't give up hope yet, watch you're pm bx this evening, I think it will get full pretty quickly latter!!

Kind of hard to help you when you list your location as "n/a". :dizzy:

5100's come up on ebay sometimes.
http://cgi.ebay.com/DOLMAR-PS-5100S...ZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem
$450 is close to what I paid for mine.

Why dont you express your frustration to the dealer? First charging shipping is bull####, you should be paying for that. Second any dealer that tries can have a 5100 at their door within 48 hours MAX.

Sorry not in canada eh' & thats only where that auction ships to. Im in NY. Maybe Spitzer can 'call' one in for me.

...and I guess 'rigging' was a poor choice of words, but I was hoping for nib

Last edited:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DOLMAR-PS-5100S...ZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

Why dont you express your frustration to the dealer? First charging shipping is bull####, you should be paying for that. Second any dealer that tries can have a 5100 at their door within 48 hours MAX.

Agreed. The price he quoted is not way off, but he should not be adding shipping. My not-so-local dealer ordered mine and had it waiting for me in 2 days. No added charges. Find a higher-volume dealer. Those hole-in-the-wall lawn/garden shops try to stick you any way they can to make up for lack of volume. Just callin'em like I see'em.

Sorry not in canada eh' & thats only where that auction ships to. Im in NY. Maybe Spitzer can 'call' one in for me.

...and I guess 'rigging' was a poor choice of words, but I was hoping for nib

Where in NY??? I have Plenty of Dolmars to choose from and test run as well.

Scott

I believe so, and the shipping surely isn't the costumer business, unless he insists on fast delivery......:popcorn: :popcorn:

So whats the deal with shipping Dolmars?

..oh yeah & no one 'touched' my spitzer remark -lol

No Dolmar does not allow online sales. But being in LI My sister store a couple hours downstate is out on the Island all the time making deliveries..

Scott

Funny you mention that you can't seem to find one because when I bought my logsplitter I was also at a chainsaw dealer and I inquired about the differences between his jonsored's and Stihls and I also asked him what he "knew about dolmars" to which he replied "and where do you get parts for them when they break down". :popcorn:

The funny part is when I went home to look up dolmar dealers HE came up as a DEALER! That speaks volumes to me. :clap:

I went with the MS361 and love it. :greenchainsaw:

Back