Amazing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its all really site or task specific isn't it. It all changes with species, specs and weigh/extended weight. As it appears on film anyway, I may have done a modified cut to hold it longer if there wasn't a tree in the way or a couple of very 'poor practice' faster tricks. You only have to look at the stump to see it spun to clear something. He came close to hanging it up. By rights it should have hung up. The top hinge broke first from high side leverage. fibers don't work that way even 'Downunder',,i can confidently say.
Two things I ain't ever seen yet and that's a tree stand up by itself once the tension wood failed and pigs fly. I get the fact that the compression wood can't be attached in order to have a chance at spinning the tree. I just don,t have to cut it. that's not a problem. whats with the block face and the turning motion?? Am I missing something here? I do a similar cut but its strictly for tension holding when in motion. It would have to peel down first and then twist to serve a purpose or its the same as not using it...which will still work on some species or species at a certain age. In order to use it for turning then you need to free up three sides and isolate a good square post that can twist and bend with the tree for better results.
Unless there is another reason for it that someone can explain to me?

*EDIT

Back