Ameriquip towable, simple but good!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lxt

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
100_0502.jpg

100_0499.jpg

100_0504.jpg

100_0525.jpg

100_0534.jpg

100_0554.jpg

Here are some old pic`s a homeowner took back in 05, hot miserable day I wont forget!! this is with my old ameriquip unit, thought some might like to see the old simple machine in action!!!

LXT.........

The spruce tree was about 5 ft from the house & very close to powerlines, as you can see the lift wasnt tall enough!! I was gonna climb but thought Id cradle the top over the house, yeah I know gutsy or stupid!! it worked & I have done this many times so I was pretty sure about it!!!! thank God!

The spruce grew in font of the garage right between the doors, why the home owner let it get so big before removal is beyond me!!

The other pic`s are of an elm tree that had a very bad lean over the house, not to mention the base was bad, the last pic is me taking a break before the spar drop, & yes I wear a hard hat which on some occasions I just took off the sweat bands were so soaked(all of em) to the point of burning my eyes!!

This old lift did alot of work, was my first towable & cost $8100.00, I was the first & only one in the area to have something like this including rental agencies, wasnt long before they got em though!!

LXT...........

The spruce tree was about 5 ft from the house & very close to powerlines, as you can see the lift wasnt tall enough!! I was gonna climb but thought Id cradle the top over the house, yeah I know gutsy or stupid!! it worked & I have done this many times so I was pretty sure about it!!!! thank God!

The spruce grew in font of the garage right between the doors, why the home owner let it get so big before removal is beyond me!!

The other pic`s are of an elm tree that had a very bad lean over the house, not to mention the base was bad, the last pic is me taking a break before the spar drop, & yes I wear a hard hat which on some occasions I just took off the sweat bands were so soaked(all of em) to the point of burning my eyes!!

This old lift did alot of work, was my first towable & cost $8100.00, I was the first & only one in the area to have something like this including rental agencies, wasnt long before they got em though!!

LXT...........

Cool you got your self equipment to make your life a little easier

ameriquip

That looks lke a nice tuff lift. To be honest the older manual stuff is usually the most reliable stuff. What was the working height of that unit. Are they still being made?

That looks lke a nice tuff lift. To be honest the older manual stuff is usually the most reliable stuff. What was the working height of that unit. Are they still being made?

It was only a 45ft unit, nice solid lift!! narrow too the only PITA was the crank down riggers, that unit I delivered to South Carolina Dataw Island country club......they`re still using it today & with no problems.

they do still make em, but the height hasnt increased, the cost has!! which I think will do them bad, ameriquip needs to build a 55ft unit & keep cost at about $26,000 to be competetive otherwise their units will go nowhere!

the nice thing about this lift was proportional hydraulics, continuous rotation & you could set the basket on the ground with the bottom boom in the air, operated more like a bucket truck unit than any other lift Ive used!!

LXT..........

Proportional hydraulics are what they use on buckettrucks, no electric solenoid to fire a charge for opening or closing the hydraulic circuit.

this machine was set up like an asplundh bucket 3 lever system no hyd. tool circuit.

most of the new machines are electric over hydraulic, which is a more complex system but gives a lighter weight due to less hydraulic hoses, the electrical system is ok but doesnt feather like proportional & usually the electric contacts need cleaned along with serviced more often!

LXT..........

I wish that they made a taller machine, I like the design and look simple and effective. I just got a price of a local tmz50/30 for 20,000 with the self propelled option. I think that it is a 02 or 03.
jason

I wish that they made a taller machine, I like the design and look simple and effective. I just got a price of a local tmz50/30 for 20,000 with the self propelled option. I think that it is a 02 or 03.
jason

Id stay away from the drive & set option, Fireman had one & his machine was nothing but problems, I have heard some other stories about problems but all these units had the Drive & Set option, I think this option has alot to do with all the problems!!! I think this strains the elec/hydraulic function & causes pre-mature failure with the solenoids(used to open/close hyd. circuits).

their 4x4 drivable lifts dont have this problem, if you notice most of the self propelled units have a seperate engine/hydraulic circuit for movement of the machine. Genie on these models doesnt have that, dont know why?

they have the hyd. circuit but its part of the main manifold & runs off the same pump, etc.... perhaps its more of an electrical overload on the solenoids?

Personally I think Genie should should have a engine powered self propelled unit & should provide a slip on track to go over the knurled roller & tire for each side, this would better their design & lessen any slipping in wet/damp conditions. JMO

LXT..............

Saturated sweat bands

LXT you mentioned hardhat was off perhaps due to sweat burning eyes? I assume you have the terry cloth snap on over the plastic headband thingys? To have a fresh dry one or two is handy so just replace before it gets too bad. HOWEVER, if you unsnap the soaked one and rinse it well with water two or three times, ring it out and put it back. Feels cool for a short, and works really well. Try it, you'll like it.

ameeriquip

Thanks for letting me know lxt. I was really serioud about the machine, but honestly if I spend that much I wont be having money sitting to fix to much. Thats where real world experience and advice from guys like yourself are priceless.

It sounds like a nice option in theory but it also makes a lot of sense that it puts more strain on other things without a seperated motor. thanks for the heads up.
jason

LXT,

You definitely have more years on aerial lifts(non bucket trucks) than most of on here. Looks like you know what you are doing even when the lift is too short!

I like that top being walked. Was it loo long to swing it with the one line you have set towards the top end and then use the but line as a tag line to pull it away from the house?

Thanks John!!! I wish I had a pic from the front, but the homeowner was staying out of harms way & he supplied the pic`s for me!! very rare.

In regards to the spruce, I really couldnt butt hang the top, powerlines oneside, garage the other & then me on one side. My goal was to make the top horizontal, a regular butt hitch may of with rope stretch hit something.

this worked nice due to there being an elm tree to rig the top too, was crotched pretty much straight across used a 1/2 there & butt hang with a thimble using a 5/8, worked pretty well!! I kinda wish he would of got more shots of me doing the chinese elm, in the last Pic you can see the spar, that thing hung over the middle of his house, there was some fun ropin there.

this guy was a great person to work for, real calm, stayed back far enough to see what was going on without getting in the way! Nice guy!!

LXT.........

100_0502.jpg

100_0499.jpg

100_0504.jpg

100_0525.jpg

100_0534.jpg

100_0554.jpg

Here are some old pic`s a homeowner took back in 05, hot miserable day I wont forget!! this is with my old ameriquip unit, thought some might like to see the old simple machine in action!!!

LXT.........

Nice pictures Doug.

Thanks Dave!! But the credit to the home owner & my Little girl(19) for posting em!!

LXT......

New Ameriquip and Factory Rebuilds

We are manufacturing new Ameriquips with hydraulic outriggers, also we are refurbing our own and customers machines. Check out our site at http://www.AmeriquipEagle.com Simply the toughest towable manlift on the market bar none.

Ontario

We are actually talking to a few people that would like to be dealers in different parts of Canada.

Refurbished Ameriquip

If you would like to see some of the refurbs there are some pictures on ebay we are selling factory direct.

Back