An Expensive Tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's funny stuff. Even the students of the "business school" see the folly. I suspect Ross would roll over in his grave if he knew how they were using his money.

Quote from the story:
Even BJ Smith, a forester who drove all the way from west Michigan to watch this move, can't make a good business case for it.

"For the same price, I think in Washtenaw County, [where Ann Arbor is located] you can get about 120 acres of forested land," Smith says. "That might be a better legacy than one tree."

I remember when the Pebble beach golf course lost some trees, they paid some ridonculous amount of money to have large trees brought in.
Rich people in Texas like date palms, and it is not uncommon to see half a million in large palms in a front yard

Looks kind of crowded in it's new location. I always wonder when they move historic buildings and things. Some old timer comes back to reminisce . . . .No . . .that tree wasn't that close to the road . . . well, it's a 250 year old tree . . . did they move the road? . . . I must really be losing it. . . .here, take the car keys . . . .

Philbert

Sad to say that's my home state. I'm on the west, good, side though. Never been a U of M fan. Now I have another reason why.

I'd have charged 'em $2400 to snip it off and lay it horizontal. They could have sold it as firewood and been money ahead. Business school me arse.

Latest posts

Back