Another hydraulic question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junkfxr

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to build another splitter and am planning on using a 28gpm two stage pump. My question is does anyone use a suction strainer with a 28gpm pump? All of the strainers that I find for a 2" npt port in the tank are only rated up to 25gpm. I am considering welding a 3" port into the tank and using a bigger strainer but I would rather not if I don't have to but I don't want to pump cavitating from starvation. Just looking for some previous experience. Thanks in advance.

I have two splitters with 28 GPM pumps one has 2" outlet on the tank so I am running the smaller strainer and the other one has a 3" outlet on the tank so I am running the larger strainer both work fine and the smaller one doesn't seem to starve that pump for oil even when it is cold out.

I got the 2" OD/1 1/4" ID one from them for my 16gpm splitter build. It is best to too much than not enough hydraulic filtration on any hydraulic system is the philosophy I go by.
SC is good folks, they will answer questions with honesty

Latest posts

Back