Another leaning cottonwood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbtree

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Partially uprooted, actually--a perfect fit for the GRCS --and chipper winch. I love hanging trees and cutting them off at the butt. This one was only about 18 inches on the butt and 60 feet tall.... And the Wraptor powered ascender made for an effortless ascent into the ivy covered cottonwood that we used as the rigging point. Two ascents actually, the second to retrieve the rigging block. Having the GRCS means I no longer use a second line to hang the rigging block, which makes it retrievable, saving on gear, and reducing the load on the rigging point to double the load being rigged, as opposed to quadrupling the load when two lines are used.

Watch on youtube, full screen and in HD...

Partially uprooted, actually--a perfect fit for the GRCS --and chipper winch. I love hanging trees and cutting them off at the butt. This one was only about 18 inches on the butt and 60 feet tall.... And the Wraptor powered ascender made for an effortless ascent into the ivy covered cottonwood that we used as the rigging point. Two ascents actually, the second to retrieve the rigging block. Having the GRCS means I no longer use a second line to hang the rigging block, which makes it retrievable, saving on gear, and reducing the load on the rigging point to double the load being rigged, as opposed to quadrupling the load when two lines are used.

Watch on youtube, full screen and in HD...

I see you love your wraptor too lol :cheers:

I see you love your wraptor too lol :cheers:
You betcha, buddy! Came in handy again today, slaying Lombardy poiplars...and two were ivy infested. Set a line above it in one, topped it out, swung over and did the same to the other.... Craning the sticks Friday. Shot 750 pics and vid's including a time lapse. Keep an eye out for the media.... 40 plus yards of chips, two climbers three on the ground.. we prolly did over $4000 in labor....

Back