Antique saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Jerry hope all is well . just surprised to see these pics of me and my saws .

I did let John know who owned the saws, his reply is back there someplace. You have a great collection of IEL`s and you should be proud of them!
All is well and our winter has not been too harsh on us yet, hope you are well and still restoring saws..

I don't have a pic, but the oldest I ever owned was a Dolmar two man. I don't know the model but the recoil rope was a link chain like you'd see on a bicycle but a smaller gauge.
Does it ring any bells? I sold to a member here in 02 or 03 who restored it.

I was wondering if it might be a Lombard, just on the colour alone.. The tanks fore and aft kinda odd too
When I looked up Lombard online the pictures are similar. Also the flywheel is stamped
R.E.E. Long
Phelon Meadow
CO Mass
This is really helping my research. I had no idea were to start before this. Thanks guys!

When I looked up Lombard online the pictures are similar. Also the flywheel is stamped
R.E.E. Long
Phelon Meadow
CO Mass
This is really helping my research. I had no idea were to start before this. Thanks guys!

Phelon and Wicho made magnetos for most all the saw companys. Not really an indication of the saw make.
Phelon was in Long Meadow Mass. at the time.

Hello Jerry hope all is well . just surprised to see these pics of me and my saws .

Just so you know anything you post on the web the whole world now sees. Hope you don't have any naked pics of you and chainsaws floating around like some guys do. hahhaha. Gypo recently dug up a long lost pic of my NOS Mac 125 SP with the RedWood special bar on it. Almost brought a tear to my eye.:(

Another FYI, I think Gypo may be the Greek translation for Pirate. arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:dancing:

Back