Antique saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today im going to tune my lombard comango up on vid and maybe se if i can do a zip vid today too they both will be run in big wood with bars buried

I think 57-59? I've got one, too. Do you know what model? Should be on the left side of tank. A decal sort of thing. Might not be on it though. Gasoline usually wiped them out.
Check Acres site. Shows a lot of Clinton's.
On another note, I've got an XL12 cylinder for you. Do you need the piston, too? I've got to take the saw apart, so might be a few days. (It's not in She who must be Obeyed's production schedule) :dizzy: Looks to be good, will know better when it's apart.
PM me your address and when I get it apart I'll ship it to you.
image.jpghey workshop, this Clinton says 6HP, is that the model, seems like a lot for those days.

View attachment 409849hey workshop, this Clinton says 6HP, is that the model, seems like a lot for those days.
Mine is a D55. Does yours have a metal tag riveted to the front side of the recoil cover?
If not, can you get a shot of the right side of the saw?
HP could be correct as they were not speed monsters, 4000-5000 rpm was about it. But they had huge amounts of torque and pulled big chains.

Mine is a D55. Does yours have a metal tag riveted to the front side of the recoil cover?
If not, can you get a shot of the right side of the saw?
HP could be correct as they were not speed monsters, 4000-5000 rpm was about it. But they had huge amounts of torque and pulled big chains.
image.jpg It has the tag, but I didn't notice the model, I was so excited to make it run in the hour I had Friday that I didn't pay much attention :) can't wait to get back there tommorow. Bringing it home for the weekend would have been suicide .

here's something that may end up on my workbench next winter.. it's a Blue Streak, made in Seattle WA.. 4' bar, I think it's 3/4" pitch chain, 2 cylinder 2 *MAN* saw.. It would be interesting to get it fired up again :)

A little hard to see, but you get the idea
View attachment 414021
If you dont want it on ur bench. I got some room on mine for that

If you dont want it on ur bench. I got some room on mine for that
I got room... just no time until next winter for a project like that.. Fellow is in no hurry to get it fixed..
if it didn't have 1/2" kerf it would be a good milling rig.. 10HP and probably gobs of torque.. just have to find a different thinner bar for it

Saws that i found at a consignment auction yesterday. Pro Mac 805 and a mall 7gA is what the tag says. I really know nothing about mals but I've been wanting a 2 man for awhile. Seems like a decent project saw from what I can see it seems mostly complete and turns over. Not sure if it has spark yet. I think the bar is 5'.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Latest posts

Back