Antique saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saws that i found at a consignment auction yesterday. Pro Mac 805 and a mall 7gA is what the tag says. I really know nothing about mals but I've been wanting a 2 man for awhile. Seems like a decent project saw from what I can see it seems mostly complete and turns over. Not sure if it has spark yet. I think the bar is 5'.View attachment 414088View attachment 414089View attachment 414090
Holly crap thats a small bar. Youl be lucky to fell a rose bush with that

Wow.. Acres site just says shortest bar supplied is 36", longest is 144".. GOOD LORD..a 12' bar???
My dad had a Disston with a 8' bar. I've never posted about it before, as I don't believe he has any pics of it. A few years ago, a couple out-of-towners stopped by and talked him out of it. As if that wasn't bad enough, he sold it for peanuts.

I have his old Mac 5-49 two-man, but that's not the same. They're pretty common.

Hey guys, I need some help identifying this 2 man saw. I'm not really up on the older stuff. I've searched on here and on Google and could not find anything. The only ID marks are Serial No. 45285R and below that is P79. Any help is greatly appriciated001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 009.JPG 010.JPG 011.JPG

I currently have one torn to apart in a shoe box. I found it in a farm yard. I keep thinking I will get back to it. Do a search they have a really interesting history. The motor design was used for target drones for the milatary in WWII

I currently have one torn to apart in a shoe box. I found it in a farm yard. I keep thinking I will get back to it. Do a search they have a really interesting history. The motor design was used for target drones for the milatary in WWII

And here it is. :)

Yes it went down 150ft to the ground. All cuase of 1 aileron servo wire came un plugged. It had so much authority in the air. I could hold hovers with 1/4 throttle snap roll knife edge 3 foot off the ground. Hell i landed that plane with a ripped hinge on rudder and elevator. But the aileron was one i could not pull out of. Had over 2k in it after i got the plane. But thats the hobby i wasnt mad sad or pist my go pro didnt break20140901_092641.jpg

Yes it went down 150ft to the ground. All cuase of 1 aileron servo wire came un plugged. It had so much authority in the air. I could hold hovers with 1/4 throttle snap roll knife edge 3 foot off the ground. Hell i landed that plane with a ripped hinge on rudder and elevator. But the aileron was one i could not pull out of. Had over 2k in it after i got the plane. But thats the hobby i wasnt mad sad or pist my go pro didnt breakView attachment 415219
Bummer, Mike. That's a good time to be driving from the ground.

Your Reed-Prentice is on its side...

This is how mine looks properly oriented.

View attachment 415224
My back hurts every time I see that saw.

It looks like it would be easy to make a little clamp-on axle that could be attached to the full wrap. Then you could just wheel it around with the helper handle.

Back