Antique saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a big old dude on here years ago that actually ran his as a one man felling saw, did it for years . Havn`t seen his vids since the ,hack occurred.
I could never fell with it, it is all I can do to cut a couple cookies! But my logger buddy told me the saw was designed to run solo and two man so I tried it. Kind of awkward

I wouldn`t want to do much felling with one either, I can handle big saws but that Mac would be a fairly unbalanced rig with the handles set the way they are.
That middle grip on the rear handle is a twist throttle, so when you run it solo you don't use the side handles.it is perfectly balanced that way .

Who can tell me what kind of saw this is? Says Stearns Hannibal, MO. on it. Thoughts?? Year??
Shure is cool looking. I think that is a saw made back in the days and it runs fuel and air. Parts were made in A factory by machines and people. Thats all the info i was able to gather up on it. Cool saw

Who can tell me what kind of saw this is? Says Stearns Hannibal, MO. on it. Thoughts?? Year??

It says right on it, Stearns and thats what brand it is. Probably Lauson/Power Products powered.

Probably early 60's? or maybe a bit before, back in the time when there were lots of small off brand companies assembling saws from basically lawnmower engines. There are collectors who enjoy collecting those oddball assembled saws, the lower numbered produced the more they like them.

There not my cup of tea, but to each there own.

It says right on it, Stearns and thats what brand it is. Probably Lauson/Power Products powered.

Probably early 60's? or maybe a bit before, back in the time when there were lots of small off brand companies assembling saws from basically lawnmower engines. There are collectors who enjoy collecting those oddball assembled saws, the lower numbered produced the more they like them.

There not my cup of tea, but to each there own.
I thought my answer was more precise

You couldn't be the king unless you have run one, right?
Lol
Have you ever run a Solo 611 twin? I want one BAD BAD BAD!!!

Don`t know about that King thing, not sure where that came from, not from me. I have not run a Solo twin yet but know from other very experienced operators that the twins are nothing special power wise, they made a smoother running saw but powerwise they were nothing special. Now running a McCulloch 797 Super is something special, more so then the highly touted 125 even though both were highly respected felling saws of their era.

Don`t know about that King thing, not sure where that came from, not from me. I have not run a Solo twin yet but know from other very experienced operators that the twins are nothing special power wise, they made a smoother running saw but powerwise they were nothing special. Now running a McCulloch 797 Super is something special, more so then the highly touted 125 even though both were highly respected felling saws of their era.
Lol, it just says Arboristsite King under your profile, I was just kidding.
Yeah I didn't know about the power of them, but I think they are neat!

Lol, it just says Arboristsite King under your profile, I was just kidding.
Yeah I didn't know about the power of them, but I think they are neat!

I took it that you were just kidding around but that King designation was not put there by me, seems I have had many of those designations bestowed upon me by previous moderators, I just let them ride until someone else changes them.
All the twin cylinders are neat saws but it was the older two man saws that really needed and put the twin to good use. The one man twins were really just oddities and are neat machines but there are plenty of single cylinder saws that will run circles around them cc to cc. The twins are mostly relegated to collector status these days.

I took it that you were just kidding around but that King designation was not put there by me, seems I have had many of those designations bestowed upon me by previous moderators, I just let them ride until someone else changes them.
All the twin cylinders are neat saws but it was the older two man saws that really needed and put the twin to good use. The one man twins were really just oddities and are neat machines but there are plenty of single cylinder saws that will run circles around them cc to cc. The twins are mostly relegated to collector status these days.
Thats true but it still would be cool to pipes one for the sound and looks if they were shaped off to boths sides a texan would go crazy over the saw. Nic mane reb bull or orange bull lol

Latest posts

Back