Antique saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wright? What model??

Yes, more information is required.

I'm not too sure, I think we have a few, but the one I clearly remember is in the showroom, up on top of a product shelf and doesn't have a chain but a reciprocating knarly saw blade. Russ said he bought 5 or 6 back in the day when he was cutting in Montana.

I have puctures, but I would need to connect to a computer to resize since it takes 5+ mins per photo to load up to here.

I'm not too sure, I think we have a few, but the one I clearly remember is in the showroom, up on top of a product shelf and doesn't have a chain but a reciprocating knarly saw blade. Russ said he bought 5 or 6 back in the day when he was cutting in Montana.

I have puctures, but I would need to connect to a computer to resize since it takes 5+ mins per photo to load up to here.

Wright made several models of those reciprocating saws, they were poor wood cutters but made very good trimming/pruning saws in the orchards and cut meat n bone real well, they don`t need lubrication on the cutting blade.

That orange and yellow saw in your picts is a frankensaw, made up from parts off a Strunk model 3-19 and a David Bradly 355 sold by Sears and likely made by Roper. The recoil has Bulldog on it as that was the name of the recoil assembly used on these saws. I have both of these saws in my lil collection.

004_zps2k7d5jkq.jpg
003_zpsr6z6pwrw.jpg
002_zpsnm2keszr.jpg
005_zpsjcxpwe8j.jpg

image.jpg How's that??! Mac 850 from 1970s I think. It's in pieces in my basement sandblasted so I can have it painted. But I don't know were to take it.

Back