Antique saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clean and oil up that Allis Chalmers branded Poulan, fix the starter, and put it on eBay. Those tractor collectors pay good money for the Allis branded saws.

For that one I'd use my mix of 3 parts of kerosene or diesel to 1 part ATF. Spray it down good, let it soak, and wipe/scrub it off with a rag. That'll get the dirt and grime off and clean off the white fuzz and keep it from coming back for a while. Clean the rest of the saws up too while yer at it...

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...1f30d4abc21ed3f988256b3800674844?OpenDocument

Clean and oil up that Allis Chalmers branded Poulan, fix the starter, and put it on eBay. Those tractor collectors pay good money for the Allis branded saws.

For that one I'd use my mix of 3 parts of kerosene or diesel to 1 part ATF. Spray it down good, let it soak, and wipe/scrub it off with a rag. That'll get the dirt and grime off and clean off the white fuzz and keep it from coming back for a while. Clean the rest of the saws up too while yer at it...

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...1f30d4abc21ed3f988256b3800674844?OpenDocument

It was one of a big pick :) on the way home a member called
And asked what I had got...... (I had stated I wasn't getting them for big
Profit)...... I sold the saw for what I had in it and a 610? JD 2 cylinder
Carcass...... bro' s before saws... I guess :)
The guy that got the allis is the one that got me the pick
He has it all cleaned up and fixed in his collection

looked at this tread and it reminded me that i had two old pioneer 650 in the shed athat i needed to get onto, so i dropped tools and did the necessary, hahaha,
iv never had them going so was counting on it but ......... guess wot it one opf them goes and by gum, she's a best. and holy moly it take 16: 1 fuel, and that's absolutely ridiculous. but i manage to get her to for a about 15 seconds and man i don't think iv ever experienced a nosier 15 seconds in all my life, haha, its not very pretty but it definitely got perpetual, im gunna fully refurbish it now that it goes
IMG-20150728-01265.jpg IMG-20150728-01270.jpg might do a thread when i redo it, duz any one want that

looked at this tread and it reminded me that i had two old pioneer 650 in the shed athat i needed to get onto, so i dropped tools and did the necessary, hahaha,
iv never had them going so was counting on it but ......... guess wot it one opf them goes and by gum, she's a best. and holy moly it take 16: 1 fuel, and that's absolutely ridiculous. but i manage to get her to for a about 15 seconds and man i don't think iv ever experienced a nosier 15 seconds in all my life, haha, its not very pretty but it definitely got perpetual, im gunna fully refurbish it now that it goes
View attachment 438171 View attachment 438172 might do a thread when i redo it, duz any one want that

Sure, we all like picts. I have been through quite a few 600 series Pioneers.

Thanks.
I keep my saws in a shed I built. Years ago I started with a shed 6ft wide 12ft long by 8ft high for my business tools.
Then it got full with collector saws so I added another 6ft x 12ft room thinking that is all I need but added on two more times. Now its packed full again. :laugh:
I built shelf's in every room. Some of the walk ways in the rooms are now packed with saws too. I have
covered up most of the saws I restored to keep the dust off them. The saws in the walk ways are not just on the wood floor. I put 2x4's across the shelf's to make temporary ones in the middle for more saws.
One room I have not seen all the saws in about five years. :laugh:

It started like this. I don't have anymore pics right now then these two.

You have done so beautiful work there.
I do have a few questions.... What kind of paint are you using? Do you have the decals remade locale or buying them?

Sure, we all like picts. I have been through quite a few 600 series Pioneers.
yea its definitely a buet, i really like yur one and would quite like to make it like that but yurs is a 620 i think, and i think that this is a 650, (i got given two and the other one has 650 written on the serial plate but this one just has the SN, is there sum where u can find out wot model saws come from there SN), yea the 600 series are very unique aren't they.

yea its definitely a buet, i really like yur one and would quite like to make it like that but yurs is a 620 i think, and i think that this is a 650, (i got given two and the other one has 650 written on the serial plate but this one just has the SN, is there sum where u can find out wot model saws come from there SN), yea the 600 series are very unique aren't they.

The serial numbers do not tell the model, the model is on the tag or tags riveted to the chassis in front of the recoil assembly. Only the 600 and 610 had the green tree on the airfilter cover that attaches with the chrome clasp at the rear. The 620, 620 Super and the 650 all had the same shape top covers that attach with a bolt at the rear, the 620 was just yellow with a green trim on the lettering, the 620 Supers had a copper colored top cover while the 650`s all had green top covers. I see you have already found Mike Acres site, Chainsaw Collectors.

yea its really good for finding out the info. about the model im not sure because it duz'nt hav it on the SN plate and i havnt got the top for it i can post a few more pics if u need but u wuld no more than me about them. so wot do u think it is.i think it is a 610 or a 600 or a 600A or 600G thanks and also i got it running for about 3 minutes today there seems to be no prob with it at all thanks alot

It was one of a big pick :) on the way home a member called
And asked what I had got...... (I had stated I wasn't getting them for big
Profit)...... I sold the saw for what I had in it and a 610? JD 2 cylinder
Carcass...... bro' s before saws... I guess :)
The guy that got the allis is the one that got me the pick
He has it all cleaned up and fixed in his collection

Good deal.

Back