Antique saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you posted in the trading post section/thread for one I bet someone on there would have a spare one. There were a few different filter types used for these saws with the thread wrapped cylinder type being the most common. The pict you posted looks like what we call, the chore girl type of filter material. Any one of the filter types would work for your saw.
Thanks very much, ill do that

If you posted in the trading post section/thread for one I bet someone on there would have a spare one. There were a few different filter types used for these saws with the thread wrapped cylinder type being the most common. The pict you posted looks like what we call, the chore girl type of filter material. Any one of the filter types would work for your saw.
Ive put it WANT TO BUY, thanks for the help

I have 3 old Mac15`s, the first one has a wire mesh type filter,
uP_iRtu8WIiNQQ8k4aPHWuT76cHN9-ca4NvNb128dw=w276-h207-p-no

the second one has the wound cylinder type, reddish colored,
7g3dDTrgWIyGFvbSaYTEREZfD2vlDHJ5BlGW-K4riQ=w276-h207-p-no

and one I already have pirated parts from for others to get their saw running,

_V77DuKHOzwxrOecR_xWdNTioxYuu2Jg4yUB7Pq3nA=w355-h473

I have 3 old Mac15`s, the firstone has a wire mesh type filter,
uP_iRtu8WIiNQQ8k4aPHWuT76cHN9-ca4NvNb128dw=w276-h207-p-no

the secon one has the wound cylinder type, reddish colored,
7g3dDTrgWIyGFvbSaYTEREZfD2vlDHJ5BlGW-K4riQ=w276-h207-p-no

and one I already have pirated parts from for others to get their saw running,

_V77DuKHOzwxrOecR_xWdNTioxYuu2Jg4yUB7Pq3nA=w355-h473
[/Q
UOTE]
I think mine is supose to be the wire one but at this stage as long as ive got one it should work
This is whats on my carby

The 'ribbon wrapped' filter is a Skinner ribbon element filter.

Look for a tuna can type filter housing off one of the Power Products powered saws and stuff a cut down foam lawnmower filter in it.
Thanks for that info, got a few to look at now, but will keep that in mind

Hey guys how big a deal is it to restore the mac795 and the Remington 754 super. They're both complete saws with only very minor pieces missing. Iv had them for about 6 years and really haven't touched them other than looking them over20150909_181954.jpg20150909_182014.jpg20150909_182004.jpg20150907_131245.jpg20150907_131122.jpg

Hey guys how big a deal is it to restore the mac795 and the Remington 754 super. They're both complete saws with only very minor pieces missing. Iv had them for about 6 years and really haven't touched them other than looking them overView attachment 451551View attachment 451552View attachment 451553View attachment 451554View attachment 451555

It depends on what you expect as to how big a deal it is to restore either. Both of those look to be prime candidates for full resto's.

You got the time and patience for it? You mind searching out hard to find parts?

You need to tear them completely down to inspect and clean, then replace any faulty parts especially all the old rubber parts like crank seals, fuel lines, oil lines and carb parts..

Just wondering if any one has pulled the fuel taps apart on the MONO saws before,
Mines leaking and it does it self back up when the saw is running
Interested in how you fixed it
Peter

Back