Antique saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think maybe fuel shut off valves. Fuel taps works for me though.

I suspect there is an "O" ring or two in there that needs to be replaced. That's what I've found on the ones on mowers and snow blowers anyway. There may be packing in one that old though. I've replaced packing with "O" rings and it worked.

I think maybe fuel shut off valves. Fuel taps works for me though.

I suspect there is an "O" ring or two in there that needs to be replaced. That's what I've found on the ones on mowers and snow blowers anyway. There may be packing in one that old though. I've replaced packing with "O" rings and it worked.
thanks for that info, very helpful

Yes ill have a look and see, Havent taken it out yet, seeing if i can find the info first, just in case i cant get the parts i need here in australia

Hi Guy im looking for the plate that goes under the carby on the Mobilco Workmate or Matchless
It bolts to the side of the housing and goes under the carby
You can see the 2 bolt holes where it bolts to and goes under the carb
So if any one has one they want to get rid of please let me know
Regards Peter

Hey everyone! Went through the carb on my Homelite 17. It runs but was hoping someone here has the factory recommended settings. Anything on the air driven governor too.

Thanks

How about a homelite zip? Grandpa had one years ago now dad wants one. Local saw shop has one in a back corner. Fair price? Specs? Anyone got info?

Went to asmall engine meet today in Maryborough Qld and ended up having a good chat with a guy named Zach
He had some great old saws there, nice young man
After showing him my Big 10 ,he has the pull starter and the plate im in need of to finish my saw off
He lives in Bundaberg Qld
Just waiting on the phone call now to pick the parts up
Peter

Went to asmall engine meet today in Maryborough Qld and ended up having a good chat with a guy named Zach
He had some great old saws there, nice young man
After showing him my Big 10 ,he has the pull starter and the plate im in need of to finish my saw off
He lives in Bundaberg Qld
Just waiting on the phone call now to pick the parts up
Peter

wow cool pete!! just around the corner hey! :)

Heres a pic of the pull starter im looking for if any one has one or knows where they can get one from please

Attachments

• WardsWD95006_zpsfzcfdeaf.jpg
    WardsWD95006_zpsfzcfdeaf.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 18
Back