Antique saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i made all the gaskets for the engine the cables you can make from bicycle shift/ break cables i have acess to bendix coils so that wasnt a problem just clean it up good i will help you through your restore as much as i can i do have the manual for the dj3600

Wow that is an awesome 12a. I have not painted mine yet. I have a couple of videos of it cutting a hard maplr but I can not post it here something to do with the extentions it has a 38 inch bar on it and works great wish I could share it. What colour paint did you use. It will be a bit before I start working on the hornet.I willlet you know when I start working on. The help will be greatly appeciated.

20160419_113307.jpg I found a couple of pics that I could send the videos would not send. So far 3 generations have used this saw my son will be the 4th. I was put away in 1959 on a dirt floor till I f20160419_113136.jpg ound it in my grandfathers garage. After cleaning and working on it for a long period of time I took it to my father he said it will never run. It startes on the 10th pull he grind from ear tk ear.20160419_113224.jpg

This model has the automatic oiler on it. I believe it is the 426th one built. I will haave a look tomorrow to verify that.

Ya, I picked it up because I thought it looked cool also. I have cleaned it up and it runs, but seems to have carb issues.
Sorry. I didn't read the threads on the identification as a Lancaster. That is good to know. Using the number cast into the carb manifold, mine seems to be a C355 . The carb on mine is a HL37-A. The missing filter uses an element called a Skinner Ribbon Element and it is basically made out of paper. Homelite part No. 56788 is the exact duplicate. Going online now to find out more about the Lancaster.

I have several Homelite 56788 air filters in inventory. Also some different sizes for other saws similar to the Buz filter.
chainsawlady

if you can find any of the skinner ribbon air filters that are the correct diamiter inside and outside you can be very carefull and cut to length i have done this for the old poulan kd-100s i have and my hornet the hornet filter can be made from a homelite 17 or 5-20 filter the ez6 is the same as

04766e3e6968a2cd9f164d48f58897cf.jpg

a8dea4b2da23c0bb648f0b3efc5cf69c.jpg

its a lot cleaner now that pic was the day i brought it home runs good all i had to do was put a carb kit in it
It's kind of funny that I did the complete opposite on my Remington PL4. I was very careful to keep the spider webs, dust, rust and grime on mine. It looks like it sat in a barn for 20 years and is useless but runs great. I'm afraid to put it in wood and ruin the "patina"

Latest posts

Back