Antique saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Just was honored buy a good farming friend of mine. As he offered me some nice vintage pieces from they're family farm. First is a Wayne model 861/40 1932-1936 Clock face gas pump, and then he asked if I would be interested in his Mall 2mg saw. I am a Jonsered dealer and I humbly accepted. he is 45ish years old and never had seen the saw used on the farm, my question is how do I find out the year of the saw, It is a complete piece and yes I was able to silicone the coil, file the points, change the plug wire and plug, the fuel tank was spotless and the fuel valve was shut off. they must have run the saw out of fuel the last time it ran, I poured gas in it opened the petcock primed the cylinder with a splash of gas and two pulls later this ole girl started and idled away. As stated before does anyone know how to decipher what year this saw is

Attachments

• IMG_0742.JPG
    IMG_0742.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0739.JPG
    IMG_0739.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 60
This is circa 1954:
0ba5d2ed34cc77a2e61cb22b655c1f79.jpg

I would pull the recoil cover and blow the crap off the cylinder fins.

Hey guys,
I recently got a Wright C70. no spark. have checked points, condenser, coil - all good. disconnected the dead man - magnets are good. any other thoughts? also looking for parts - throttle, carb probably more lol. excited to get going but would love some spark before I go much further. thanks

Dad's old 620 pioneer, used it so much in logging camps he wore the rings out. Still runs, but has nowhere near the power a 100cc saw should. The next generation of Pioneer, a14-20. Still used points and manual oil pump. This one has so much compression it keeps shearing the flywheel key.

Attachments

• DSCF0021 (Large).JPG
    DSCF0021 (Large).JPG
    195.6 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCF0020 (Large).JPG
    DSCF0020 (Large).JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 48
I recently picked up up a mcculloch 895
But i need to find a gasket rebuild kit for the carb, does anyone here know where to find such an item?

Back