Antique saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys! I thought it came out pretty decent.
Only bummer is I think the crank seals are shot as she wouldn't idle.
Getting the advance set correctly was trial and error but I did have it running for a short time.
Now its just a wall hanger.

Thanks guys! I thought it came out pretty decent.
Only bummer is I think the crank seals are shot as she wouldn't idle.
Getting the advance set correctly was trial and error but I did have it running for a short time.
Now its just a wall hanger.
You can probably cross reference the crank seals at a good parts store or by posting the dimensions on here.

true though that would mean tearing it down again and probably chipping up my fancy-shmancy paint job. Then of course I'd have to sink it into a log or two . . . maybe down the road I'll get a bug to get her running again.
I've got a promac 10-10 to work on now, I'll make that one a working saw.

true though that would mean tearing it down again and probably chipping up my fancy-shmancy paint job. Then of course I'd have to sink it into a log or two . . . maybe down the road I'll get a bug to get her running again.
I've got a promac 10-10 to work on now, I'll make that one a working saw.

Nice looking saw for sure !

What did you do to get the bar looking so good?

Hey Yall ----I have a mac 250. When 1st try starting got fuel at chain oiler hole. What ????? Opened up and found leak at sealing bolts -screws-old gaskets. Made new gaskets--What is the best way to seal 4 bolts-3 screws at tank. Thinking about Permatex #1 or 2. Fuel proof o rings or rubber gasket . Would like to know best route to take for a 1 time permanent fix. Hate to have to redo a leak. Thanks--David Southwest Ga.--I like-collect-restore -cut wood with old magnesium--bow saws #1 --- Great forum!!!!----may be a super 250 has the auto oiler as does my 2nd 250 {$22.oo saw}.

OK first post. Just joined. Not a professional just like cutting firewood and running saws.

Say hello to my little friend

So went into a local Stihl dealer Maybe 15 years ago looking for a saw to carry on my dirt bike with me to clear trail, especially during the spring. Low and behold someone had just traded this little beauty in so I snagged it. Have used it on and off through the years. Came time for a new BC and I was a little put off about the choice of options with its stock .250 pitch chain. Did some research (thanks to this site) and found the bits and pieces to convert it to .375 pitch. Just got finished with the update. The oil gear was the hardest to find but I found a guy on eBay that is now making them since Stihl no longer does.

Been a great saw. Always starts and runs like a scalded ape. It is a little heavier then I would like for carrying on my dirt bike so I am going to spring for a MS193T here in a day or so.

Steve out.

Cake mix-took me a second-Ha Ha! thanks---Any other mac 250 repair tips - words of wisdom?????????????? David--I know about how many saws I have. When someone who is not in the hobby ask I just say a few. Most people just don't get it.

OK first post. Just joined. Not a professional just like cutting firewood and running saws.

Say hello to my little friend

So went into a local Stihl dealer Maybe 15 years ago looking for a saw to carry on my dirt bike with me to clear trail, especially during the spring. Low and behold someone had just traded this little beauty in so I snagged it. Have used it on and off through the years. Came time for a new BC and I was a little put off about the choice of options with its stock .250 pitch chain. Did some research (thanks to this site) and found the bits and pieces to convert it to .375 pitch. Just got finished with the update. The oil gear was the hardest to find but I found a guy on eBay that is now making them since Stihl no longer does.

Been a great saw. Always starts and runs like a scalded ape. It is a little heavier then I would like for carrying on my dirt bike so I am going to spring for a MS193T here in a day or so.

Steve out.
Welcome---Great looking saw----David

Nice looking saw for sure !

What did you do to get the bar looking so good?

The bar got attacked with a Milwaukee grinder with a wire wheel attached.
This is a goofy pitch chain too so it had to be saved, it was a mess so I soaked it in WD-40 rust remover and it came out really nice. (only has one link that sticks)

Check out this craigs list---above Knoxville Tenn. No wonder I never can find any---He has got them all!!!!!!!!!!!! Counted at least 28--Look close--Unreal:sweet:

Attachments

• 00e0e_g3bhNVxI3Oc_1200x900.jpg
    00e0e_g3bhNVxI3Oc_1200x900.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 98
  • 00l0l_8r3qhiz2GTl_1200x900.jpg
    00l0l_8r3qhiz2GTl_1200x900.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 89
Check out this craigs list---above Knoxville Tenn. No wonder I never can find any---He has got them all!!!!!!!!!!!! Counted at least 28--Look close--Unreal:sweet:
That's a monopoly! I couldn't imagine focusing my collection on just one saw. The Super EZ is one of my favorites and I have a few but my god this guy is obsessed. I think I noticed one in the pile that might be a western kit version with the full wrap handle bar. That's the one I would buy. I think they are rare...at least in my neck of the woods.

Latest posts

Back