Antique saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,I have what I think is a Homelite 925 with early 3 piece ignition,Can it be easely replaced with other ignition like newer 1 piece or points? The 3 piece has no spark but I am trying to heat it to bring it back to life. Has worked before on older coils and maybe on this one.
Anyone know about This early style? Thanks
Tom

Hi,I have what I think is a Homelite 925 with early 3 piece ignition,Can it be easely replaced with other ignition like newer 1 piece or points? The 3 piece has no spark but I am trying to heat it to bring it back to life. Has worked before on older coils and maybe on this one.
Anyone know about This early style? Thanks
Tom
Today the coil came back to life from heating it but the timing output generator still is dead! Will try again,still hopfull:clap:

Hey guys, picked up this old thing a few weeks back, wondering what it maybe worth??? It has been checked out, good compression of 110lbs
8b8378c1a1c6f377aa47f403baef982e.jpg
e509682f1ba778ba7af9c47b291a8acb.jpg
, fuel line replaced the stihl tech said the points were burnt so he couldn't get it running!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back