Any collector value in Pioneer P25?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mooseman

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a Pioneer P25 that my Dad bought in the 70's. He only used it for clearing the road while hunting. I have used it some, but it has only just started on it's second chain. It is all original, including a good Pioneer brand 16" bar, and an almost new Pioneer brand chain, and runs very strong.
I never knew that people collected chainsaws until I came here, and I don't see much mention of Pioneer brand. Is this worth selling?

Quickest way to get a feel for what a saw may be "worth" is to check out completed listings on fleabay. Keep in mind that these prices are usually somewhat inflated in comparison to what you can expect to negotiate between 2 individuals. Everybody has their own idea of what a certain saw is worth and most have certain brands that are preferred over others.

Dan

I have a Pioneer P25 that my Dad bought in the 70's. He only used it for clearing the road while hunting. I have used it some, but it has only just started on it's second chain. It is all original, including a good Pioneer brand 16" bar, and an almost new Pioneer brand chain, and runs very strong.
I never knew that people collected chainsaws until I came here, and I don't see much mention of Pioneer brand. Is this worth selling?
Hello; I deal with many Pioneer saws every year and the P25 is not a rare saw in the Pioneer line . It is always a crapshoot when it comes to selling one of these saws as not many people that just want a running saw to put to useful work want them, usually picked up by fellows with experience working on them and running them.
The collectors have no trouble finding nice examples of these once popular saws and they usually bring low prices. I have seen them go for as little as $26.00 on eBay this year when a friend of mine sold a near pristine one. He lives in Ohio, another friend sold a P26 for $30.00 this year as well, he lives in Ontario.
The only way to know for sure is to list it on eBay and set a high reserve and let the auction run its course.
Pioneerguy600

Latest posts

Back