Any news on 660 successor?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll be a strato like the 261/362/441. I don't think those are rev limited. The stratos seem to be good powerheads, just more expensive, more complicated, and a little heavier.

I wonder if there will be a strato 90cc saw and up. I think the days of the 3120 and 880 are about over with.

Well, they don't sell many 120cc saws, so it'll be low priority, for sure. But, there is small but steady demand from arborists, and the EPA will eventually dictate switching to the strato.

I was just concerned about stocking up on 660's before they are discontinued. For my purposes so far they seem to be about the minimum milling saw for 20" trees, but are still light enough to fell with. Wouldn't want to carry one up in a tree, but I've got this for up-in-the-tree work:

attachment.php

Couldn't justify a 200T.

It would be nice with a new 660 with just some upgrades like working antivibe and maybe throw in the "new" tornado aircleaning, i like the power of the 660 but it vibrates allot more then i like compared to other big saws i have run, but as i said the powerband is very nice :)

I'm not writing about picking up a new one. As we've discussed on other threads prices for used are now at a premium. I'm trying to plan for the January-March time frame.
Talk to SWMBO - December
Tell SWMBO I missed out on X - Dec, Jan
Ask SWMBO if she still thinks it's a good deal - Jan
Score - Jan-March.
Apologize for buying 3 or 4 - March.

Last edited:
Back