any rough cut lumber supplier in Elk, Cameron or Potter Co PA?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A10egress

This place costs me money.
Reaction score
Going to need a mess of rough cut lumber in southern Potter County PA to replank a bridge. Trying to see what the most economical way to do this and thought rough cut might be the way to go since it was originally a rough cut planked bridge. Anyone know anybody who could provide 100-125 2x8x8 planks or is this something more economically feasible at a lumber yard buying treated lumber? thanks, Jim

Thank you!! Its appreciated and if you're ever in Sinnamahoning, I'll buy you a beer! PS:Love the Coleman 228... (collector of those myself)

Good eye! That's a June 1953. A beer might land You a gallon of white gas. Sinnemahoning is Gods backyard. I'll do the best I can to hook you up with Don. You need a new bridge we're there!

ahhh, nice... I have a Coleman fetish, have too many, way too many but there is something soothing in rebuilding one and then the hissssssss of letting it light up the night! I have a cabin/camp up near Stevenson Dam... been going up that way since I was a baby. My brothers place is over near Sizerville SP, which is where the bridge needs redone. It has two huge "I" beams that need rescabbed with wood, this summer past rains washed a lot of them away. It's going to be April or June before we're ready for wood but we'll buy it ahead of time if we need to.

Count me in! My sons and I don't need much of any reason to get out of the Philadelphia region and up into mountain air. Got any images of the bridge? Still waiting for Don to check his e-mail...

Count me in! My sons and I don't need much of any reason to get out of the Philadelphia region and up into mountain air. Got any images of the bridge? Still waiting for Don to check his e-mail...
LOL, No pics but just picture two Iron "I" beams across a spring fed stream/creek. I appreciate your willingness to help out thats for sure!

Couldn't help but notice where you guys are talking about....we have a place on Hunts Run. Been running those hills for over 30 years. Small world.

Question for your buddy in Slate Run...Does he have, or do, or know someone who does, mobile milling? Reason being, we have a MASSIVE spruce tree on our property we want to take down. I would love to have it milled into lumber for some repairs on our place and to build a shed. Looking for someone to give a me a realistic quote on how much this would cost and/or just go do it! It is in a very accessible area and I can have it on the ground ready to go when they are ready.

Good Stuff......ran across this thread surfing.......I'll be at camp in Driftwood Saturday for a week trout fishing, near Hicks Run.

Nice - I'm not familiar with Cedar Run - our camp is 10 miles East of Bennezette on 555.

Not on the Ridge Road, but close. We are actually at the base of the mountain, not far off of Route 120. Intersection of Hunts Run Road and Steam Mill Road. We also fish the hell out of the Driftwood Branch.....love that place. We will be up there all weekend working. If anyone is nearby, stop in for a cold one!

Any luck contacting your buddy about a local bandsaw miller in our area? Emporium/Driftwood area?

Ben - if you go to Sterling Run then go up the mountain, going up "Suicide" (not sure of the real name of the road) is the fastest way, and make a right on Sheddy Rd, about 50 yards on the right there was a guy in there logging and milling in the field, this was last year, not sure if he's still in there or not. Or you can go up Barr Hollow Rd then a left on Sheddy, probably a couple miles down on your left.

There were actually 2 mills running up there running, I think the other was on Sheddy as well but I'm not positive, if you see someone outside ask them and I'm sure they'll be able to point you in the right direction.

Or........stop in that huge milling plant just south of Emporium on 120, they have about 40 train cars of lumber sitting out in their yard.....someone in there should be able to help.

upload_2016-4-28_7-59-3.png

Yea, Don's ready to go just waiting an order. Wasn't expecting clear Black Cherry but more like Pine slag for a new camp table. You need a solid working surface to make pizza from scratch in the middle of nowhere plus a 2" thick ribeye w/ stuffed mushrooms, asparagus, baked potato and butter fried bread. He has a decent size Logosol . A-10 should chime in soon and we should all get together. I'm ready to get out of Dodge for a week drinking fly fish

Attachments

• DSC_0058.JPG
    DSC_0058.JPG
    644.8 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC_0020.JPG
    DSC_0020.JPG
    628.3 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC_0007.JPG
    DSC_0007.JPG
    630.6 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC_0054.JPG
    DSC_0054.JPG