anybody grow lima beans?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's what my limas look like this morning. I could have planted these a lot earlier but the sugar snap peas were using the fence/trellises. This will be an experiment to see if I can use the same setup to grow both peas and limas in the same spot during the same growing season.

limas 7-30-16.JPG

There's really nothing like fresh limas. You saute them first in butter, helps seal all that flavor in. Then add some water, season the way you like it, and cook slowly till done. If you've ever had them fresh like this, you won't be eating canned limas anymore. Shelling them is very labor intensive. Commercially grown limas are shelled by machine, wish I had one of those.

Taken from page 1.

I've made them twice now from my first pickings of the season. Fordhook limas. The first batch I cooked up were good, but I cooked up a second batch with supper yesterday, and followed chuckwood's instructions more closely. Notably the addition of water, and the final slow-cook. Yummy.
I only have 11 plants this year. Making a mental note to increase the amount of plants by at least double for next year.

Latest posts

Back