Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody have experience with Thumbtack?

Discussion in 'Business Management' started by Bwoell14, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Bwoell14

Bwoell14 ArboristSite Lurker

I recently came across "Thumbtack". It seems similar to Home Advisor and other sites looking to be paid to refer customers. Anybody have any good or bad experiences with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Griff93

Griff93 ArboristSite Operative

There ok. Mostly a waste of time unless you're the cheapest around (I'm talking illegitimate cheap folks). Probably depends on your local market as much as anything. There's a lot of people wanting shrubs trimmed on there it seems that want to put them in the tree work category.

Bwoell14 likes this.
  3. Bwoell14

Bwoell14 ArboristSite Lurker

I'm trying it out, mostly because it's free to see what the leads are like before having to pay. Home Advisor rapes you just to see the lead. Thumbtack is also more detailed than Home Advisor.

Do you submit quotes to the initial lead? I've only responded to one and put N/A and explained I can't give an accurate quote without first seeing the tree. I didn't get a response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk