anybody know about this heating asst. from state

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why the hell would you want to sell to the gov and get paid by check vs sell to the public for cash money.
well my thought was, to expand some,use the contract, to hook a S.B.L. from gov't. update some equipment, still get my price for product, so I keep my profit margin, sort of merry-go-round their fund's, and not use my money, get a tax break, low interest, and a few more thing's I won't go into,, but it's all on the up an up,, just thinking.. u2bwolfb4

So you avg $300,000/ yr now? as that seems to be what the SBA considers a small business( My office anyway), less than that is a cottage industry (Again my office). Least wise that's the kind of xyz I always got from them. So I did everything on my own - course the current talking head says otherwise.

i did it it one time for a person that i knew that fell into dire straits. it was a one and done thing. i kept getting calls from the agency and others for 2 years after the fact. they wanted deliveries up to 50 miles away. :crazy2: this was in PA.

Is 50 miles far for you? I deliver all over the state, sometimes 300-400 miles. Just curious.

The camp grounds I have would pay me on the spot at every fill up if I would get a credit card swiper for my phone. I still send out a bill through the snail mail. It seems the swiper attachment and the fees aren't worth it for me at the present time or into the foreseeable future.

the swipe is free, the fees are about 3$ for every l00. So a $1000 sale is 30$.

So you avg $300,000/ yr now? as that seems to be what the SBA considers a small business( My office anyway), less than that is a cottage industry (Again my office). Least wise that's the kind of xyz I always got from them. So I did everything on my own - course the current talking head says otherwise.

Do what? There is no 300k "rule".
I am a heating assistance vendor, shoot last year I operated at a negative, nevermind 300k!

the swipe is free, the fees are about 3$ for every l00. So a $1000 sale is 30$.

So to me that means a stamp , envelope and 2 minutes of time to print the bill costs me $3.00/$100.00! In other words the 5-6 bills I send a year would cost me $300.00 or more if I swiped a card, unless I raised my cost, which in turn would create an automatic out for bid again, which I may or may not get. Why risk it?

You'd likely gain some customers by taking credit card/debit. Most folks don't carry cash anymore.

But if it works for you, I'm not saying it's wring. Just wanted to pass the info on to you that it was fairly cheap.

well I don't make anywhere near that much, I'am just small time, and I agree with ya'll that about the E-card.. not even going that way. as of right now.. I was just thinking, I could use that contract to help with some surplus sales.. and maybe get a foot in the door, as for distance, I am looped in a 3 county area. avg 100 miles sometime's, but when I do, I line up 3 del's. in that area, to help offset my cost's, pulling 3 cord, or 300 bundle's whichever the sale is, an anything over 35 mile's I charge .21 cents a mile. if it is just the one del.. so far everybody has been kinda sorta ok with that.. it's just that some new things has come up, an I was hoping to hear from y'all how un's manage it,, thank's for the info.. u2bwolfb4

? .21 cents a mile is scratch or chicken feed! go for an even dollar, no one will bark for a buck a mile when delivered 1 mile further than the local beer wood jockeys!!! heck lots of times I will deliver over 30 miles for free, and a buck after that and get an extra 10.00 or 20.00 just because of the extra free miles I will go for the customers to boot!!!!

I have a standard del. fee in place, for the 35 mile range. it's the long distance single del,, that the 21 cent's is added on for.. I try to make 3 drop's per run, an at each drop the del fee is added on.. just trying to help soothe the gas monster..

For me 50 miles (one way) is a long way to deliver wood , usually 10-15 miles is it. Max I can deliver is 3 cords in 1 trip. The closer the better

Yup 1 way, 300-400 miles. Haul a fair amount to Anchorage which is around 50 miles 1 way. Some customers are within 10 miles, maybe 25%... everything is spread out. It's nothing to drive 30+ mins to get groceries.

What state are you in?

Hard to say really if not around where I'm familiar. A normal price for me might be dirt cheap or crazy expensive elsewhere.

I'm small time too. Only did about 600 cords last year in stove length. My goal for this year is 1000 plus 300 in bundle wood.

What state are you in?

Hard to say really if not around where I'm familiar. A normal price for me might be dirt cheap or crazy expensive elsewhere.

I'm small time too. Only did about 600 cords last year in stove length. My goal for this year is 1000 plus 300 in bundle wood.

Im in eastern wash state. Wouldn't call 600 cord small time, especially considering the distances you're driving. Probably 10x what I cut in a year . 1300 cords a year, lot of wood. My back hurts just thinking about it.

I'am in mo. I avg. about 90 - 100 cord's bulk wood and around 5000 - 6000 bundles a yr. right now, I was let go from a company along with 148 other's, a couple years back, so I started in this biz,, again,, I like me better than them, so I pay me better,,,, avg. price per cord 225.00 bundles avg. 2.85 on all that I have a standard del. fee.. last fall I bought a small manual bandsaw mill, a norwood 26, now I cut pallet cants, and mix my slab wood in my bundles, it helps to have some diffrent venue's going down here, so as not to having to wait just on the firewood sale's alone,, alot of beer jockey's in the area,,, also do some custom milling for the guy at the local dry kiln,, This year with trout season just opening, the parks r ramping up,,haven't got alot of time in the mill,, so far have only cut about 1000 cant's 6x6's at 52 inch length.. all hardwood,, the custom milling, was 1500 feet,, red cedar,, and 2000 feet of cottonwood.. and that's what I do now,, hoping do at improve 35% at least, this year in sale's and product's.. y'all have a good one u2bwolb4

well, here's my update. the local co. agent, is the one to give the del, info, location, amount of wood, etc, now here's some new stuff for me.. now, they are looking into e-scanning the invoice, dropping in mailbox, e-mail's sent to both local an central office's.. that way the local office has confirmation, by e-signing, from client, update's applied, for their record's. central office, has copy, confirmed by local office, already dropped by vendor.. payment made within 15 day's, to vendor, by ck. in the mail, or sooner by e-payment to a bank account, or paypal account if using one for biz.. 1099 sent to vendor, at end of year,, 10 day notice given to vendor, to deliver the amount of firewood, to client for money allotted for asst.. 5 rank min. considered. size, an length of wood, set at 18''L, avg. size cir.. no special lic. or premit's req. just ur sec. number of course.. number of client's, amount of wood, allotted for each one's, energy asst, money.. no breakoff point, for number of client's u can deliver too.. only break off point, is the allotted money for program.. this year, it was 15,000.00, an this winter was kinda warm, well I don't know about y'all, but I can use some of that money, to help me out.. oh by the way, that's just the amount for my co.. some other co's. got more than that.. and may I add, the neat, org.. I got,, wish I had it 2 year's ago.. Y'all have a good one.. u2bwolfb4

U2bwolfb4, your in the moo-laa now! like I said earlier, I have been dealing with the gov. program(s) one way or a other for 30+ years.. helps out in the long run and end run of the bottom line after tax's!! if you can go with the e-payment to your bank account ! for me it is a 2 maybe 3 day wait to see funds deposited.... good luck with your new best friend! BTW! when you think you made it to the 1% club your beer tab comes due at the local watering hole..... lol

well, just got a e-mail from the director, at the central office.. she wants to meet with me, this week, and to bring some pic's of my woodlot,, also in the e-mail was the question, would I consider taking the adjoining county, with my home county,, hmmm, any thought's

U2bwolfb4, your in the moo-laa now! like I said earlier, I have been dealing with the gov. program(s) one way or a other for 30+ years.. helps out in the long run and end run of the bottom line after tax's!! if you can go with the e-payment to your bank account ! for me it is a 2 maybe 3 day wait to see funds deposited.... good luck with your new best friend! BTW! when you think you made it to the 1% club your beer tab comes due at the local watering hole..... lol
U bet,, first round on me,, well at least a pitcher,, lol,, how many county's u deal with??

Back