Anybody miss winter yet...?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just like it says....Summer is nice enough, fishing, BBQ, etc. but I will say I have found myself longing for the crisp air of fall and the snow that follows come winter. Come February here in Minnesota I will likely have a different opinion. Somebody remember to dig this post up then :)

:givebeer:

I'm ready for winter but have a lot left to do before fall and cool weather comes back. I'm in the process of building a house. (Should be moving in next month) ready for winter to come so I can fire up the new OWB and try out the Infloor heat in the basement and attached garage to see if it was worth the investment and all the hype that everyone talks about how good it is.

Soooo yes. Bring on the cold weather!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guns, been in the low 90's most every day here in mid-Ga this past week...and just is June. Bream, bass, and crappie fishin's been damn good so far this year, but it'll peter out a bit due to the oncoming heat. Come late July thru Sept we'll be itching for a fall/winter to come. Just gets blistering hot and stays that way 7-days a week...and the 90-100 humidity every day just compounds it.

Seems like a switch just flipped in Alabama last week. Went from being fairly pleasant (80s) to 90-95 very humid heat every day. Summer is in full blast in Alabama but the weather is so confusing this year I'm still having allergy sinus stuff from all the pollen.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I would normally do hell no because when it snows in never home with the family because I'm the fool plowing and sanding roads lol. But...............or weather just went bat **** crazy going from low 80s to upper 90s and 100s over the weekend!! We haven't had any weather really to reaclimate to those temps it's gonna be a system shocker, so yes, I'll take a low of 30 and high of 50s with some overcast on the side lol

Yes, and even more so this year because I didn't get to take the sled out once last winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck No. Mild spring with the exception of the freeze three weeks ago that decimated the mosquito and tick population. Gnats and no see um's are just starting to get noticeable.

It's going to be 57 and rainy tomorrow and I have indoor carpentry projects to work on. Couldn't ask for better temps to do that.

Now I will say it would probably be neat to ride one of those sleds, but I'd be ready for the snow to go after a short while. Which most of us southern folks have never even seen a motorized sled. They don't even sell the railed sleds around here anymore. we had more snow when I was a kid. Most winters we won't get no measurable snowfall.

Hell no I don't miss winter.

If I didn't have grandparents straight from Germany I'd sware I was Mexican..I love to work and play when it's hot...hotter the better. I split all my firewood mid-summer and my kids sled ride by themselves because its too damn cold outside from November to mid March!

Back