Anybody miss winter yet...?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HA! 70% up here makes me want to stay inside.

Ive gotten soft. Grew up on the east coast where air temps would hover in the high 90's with humidity hovering around 100%.

Now, 80 air temp and 70% humidity makes me cringe. Need to move further north.

Been 80-90* here, friend of mine hiked in to his elk hunting area last week and there was still 2-3 feet of snow in some places. During 4th of July parade a local excavation company took a dump truck and loader up on mountain behind town and got a load of snow and threw snow balls at people, it was pretty cool :havingarest:.

Not anxious for winter in any way. Where my son lives about two hours it has been 112 for the cooler days and 122 for the warmer days which is not so enjoyable. For me have had to turn on a bedroom fan for the last few weeks which means the end of the world has occurred. Since I am at 6,000 feet a warm day means 80. Humidity sometimes down to 15%. Low humidity means fires here. Still not anxious for winter where as panic strickened customers will start calling for wood. Very happy right now with doors and windows wide open and the birds hanging out on the porch singing. Thanks

YES!!!!!!!!!!!
This summer has sucked! Haven't had any time to screw around, we've been so swamped at work. I know if we hire a couple extra people to help with the work load it'll slack off though! I guess we just have to put up with it for now. We are getting drenched from the rain, but I bet it won't continue into the winter with snow when I could make a couple bucks plowing.

Pretty darn tired of mowing grass these days......July 4th, State Fair, Winter.

Soon.
our grass isnt growing real great in my yard. been doing it every two weeks all summer. we havent had much for rain this summer either. you guys south of us have been getting way more

Pretty darn tired of mowing grass these days......
Just do what I did and buy one of these,

standard.jpg

It's a grass mowing SOB, I mow everything now in less than half the time it use to take me with a tractor!

SR

I picked up a new cub cadet pro zero turn last year and cut my time in half too. Now I also mow a lot more that used to get skipped too

Not yet but we haven't hit the 90's yet.
Our hottest day so far has been 97. Supposed to be 95 on Monday, not looking forward to that. The humidity set in bad around the 4th of July and it's almost unbearable above 85

I split and stacked a little over a cord of Red Oak the last two days. Mid 90's with humidity in the mid 80's. Just plain hard headed. Wanted that log out of my back yard. I took down 5 trees that were dead and dying last summer. I left a 3/4 inch bull line in the top of the last one. Every time I mowed the grass I had to move the pile of rope on the ground. Then I tied it up in a big loop and left it hanging out of the way. Got tired of looking at it and pulled the trunk over. I have two crotches to noodle and I'll be finished and can rake up. After I was about done my wife came out and said she wanted to leave the trunk standing for a woodpecker pole. We've had a big Pileated Woodpecker hanging around. Pretty bird, now he'll have to peck holes in another tree, Joe.

Latest posts

Back