Anybody miss winter yet...?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
94 here at 1:45 pm. heard 90% humidity, heat index 111! Been really spoiled with mild temps this summer, not use to it! Next 3-4 days the same according to weather service. Don't want to wish for winter though, never know what your going to get.

I just listened to an interview with a meteorologist. She claims that we're having the strongest el nino ever recorded so far, but that this el nino is showing signs of tapering off. In the past, very strong el ninos are usually followed by very strong la ninas. That means very hot followed by very cold, so the prediction is for a very cold winter. It might turn out that this winter we'll be seeing posts in this forum from people dreaming about how nice this heat wave was........

Ever time this thread bumps and I see people complaining how much they can't take the heat I just smile and remember how much I love summer. I then have the same miserable daydream of me plowing snow at 3am
I just listened to an interview with a meteorologist. She claims that we're having the strongest el nino ever recorded so far, but that this el nino is showing signs of tapering off. In the past, very strong el ninos are usually followed by very strong la ninas. That means very hot followed by very cold, so the prediction is for a very cold winter. It might turn out that this winter we'll be seeing posts in this forum from people dreaming about how nice this heat wave was........

No matter how bad or mild the winter is I'll be ******** about it being too cold!

I'm hoping for a good old fashioned winter like we used to have, 3-4 months of real snow and cold. 20 below used to common for about 2 weeks every year. Haven't seen temps down there in the last 20 or more years. Talk at breakfast was about car tires. 4 of us sitting there and noone had winter tires anymore, only all season at the most.

Come on global cooling!!

92 today and almost instant 78 for tomorrow. This weather doesn't know what it wants to do

I'm not sure I miss winter just yet , but I am ready for it , I cleaned the chimney the other day and the wood is a stacked by the cellar door ... Fall is my favorite time of year so I am looking forward to that I've had enough of the heat.

I'm not sure I miss winter just yet , but I am ready for it , I cleaned the chimney the other day and the wood is a stacked by the cellar door ... Fall is my favorite time of year so I am looking forward to that I've had enough of the heat.

Thanks for the reminder about chimney cleaning. Seems I never remember until I want to light the first fire of he season.

I'm hoping for a good old fashioned winter like we used to have, 3-4 months of real snow and cold. 20 below used to common for about 2 weeks every year. Haven't seen temps down there in the last 20 or more years. Talk at breakfast was about car tires. 4 of us sitting there and noone had winter tires anymore, only all season at the most.Come on global cooling!!92 today and almost instant 78 for tomorrow. This weather doesn't know what it wants to do

don't hold your breath!! newslines saying Earth experiencing hottest year overall, ever recorded!... :surprised3:

ohh! ohh-h! ohh, it's hot!!!! :pingpong:

This is a public service announcement...I hereby declare this weekend to be too hot for firewood. Please shelter in place with a frosty cold beverage(s) of your choice. Updates to follow.....

:cheers: :givebeer: :hi: :yes:

never too hot for a camp fire at our place... here we are enjoying a camp fire this morning... and it was already scratching 100F! before noon! believe it... ;)

P1010001.JPG P1010002.JPG

6:15 AM 77F with 94% humidity right now. I've had out place up for sale now for some time. To dam hot in the summer here so want to move a lot farther north where summer time temps are more to my liking. I would also have the place for sale if I didn't like the winter cold.
Never could under stand why people would live where they were miserable and bitched thru a whole season.
I don't want to hear the crap about a job or family. I an my comfort comes first then we worry about a job where I can be happy. Family can call, text, E mail, scype or drive to visit me. No way will I continue to be unhappy year after year.

I can dress up for winter, Can not leave the house in the summer in even as little as a thong.

:D Al

Well I ended up having a really bad day yesterday afternoon and needed some therapy. Even thought the temp was 94 and 94% humidity at 5:00 p.m. Went to the wood pile with a 6 pack of ice cold water and let the splitter rip. Soaking wet like a scuba diver when I was finished but I sure felt a lot better!

20160722_133443.jpg 20160722_133446.jpg

Latest posts

Back