Anybody miss winter yet...?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7 straight days of 95-100, 1 down 6 to go. Split and cut before noon and let the sun bake the wood dry. Pretty cool to crack open a good sized log at 6am and feel the heat rolling out of it from the previous day's sun.

Hot as hell, sticky as gum. No escape to be had here, so for the moment YES, I miss winter. I do like the light and when the misery is over, I will not miss winter. But tonight I most certainly do.

Summer sucks big time and I don't know to many who atr tuff enought to like this crap. Mote the indoor temp also, no excape.

:D Al

You guys sound like wife..she thinks I'm nuts when I worked outside for 10 hours yesterday. I use summertime to loose weight and get in shape because I hide all winter from the cold...and it don't even get that cold or snowy in Cincinnati!

Got an early start before the heat built up, temp predicted for 94. Quit at 10:30 due to the throttle linkage coming apart on Stihl 310, my main bucking saw for 20" and under logs. Of to Potlatch to the dealer (60 mile round trip) for a quick lesson on how to put the linkage back in order (simple...for him :)) Temp at house by 11:15 was 90

Put down one stem of a two-stemmer. Very ratty/brushy actually only half of the stem as it was just one big branch off what had been a stem.

Stem_zpsv27tmdrx.jpg

Quit at this point to get the saw fixed:

end_zpsa48sf4q6.jpg

I could have worked longer as there was a shady spot to park the truck plus a very slight breeze - felt good in the shade, couldn't feel the breeze at all out in the sun.

Latest posts

Back