Anybody miss winter yet...?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It hasnt been over 72 here for the last 7 weeks. Setting in my recliner beside the air vent probably doesnt count. Kind of glad I have been laid up, heat index at 104f the last couple of days. Getting thunder boomers just about every evening. Big gully washers erodeing drive ways. Temporary cooling every thing off and then turning so humid you cant breath. I did manage to fix a 028 today and tested it out. Condenser was bad and you cant buy a new one, so I bought one of those new fangeled electronic replacement coils. $30 bucks to the door. cheap way to ressurrect a other wise useless saw.

Me missing winter is pretty much summed up by this.

CAE2D8CC-A648-41ED-BE84-58CE888BD796_zpscrocn6cj.gif

The only thing I am looking forward to this winter is the annual winter jeep ride. I have finally graduated from co-pilot to pilot.

Hell yeah I miss winter. .I got my gas/electric bill for July.. $270 to cool my house down sucks!

Wow, my monthly bill runs right around $50-60 year round for electricity. Heat is by wood with the oil furnace used only to warm up the house on a cold morning. I leave the A/C off most of the day with only the furnace fan running on warm days. Movement of the air keeps one comfortable for quite a few degees above calm air.

Movement of the air keeps one comfortable for quite a few degees above calm air.

We grew up with a whole house fan. It was about 4' in diameter and had its own dormer on the roof on the back of the house. Had the pull down attic stairs, with doors in it that opened in the summer. Open the house windows and doors, wow, made a heck of a difference. Just make sure the fireplace ashes are cleaned out good in the spring. Actually, I can still hear it running just thinking of it. Of course we had black and white TV. Had to go to the neighbors to watch color.

Excessive heat warning all weekend, I have the weekend off , and I have a s##t ton of stuff to catch up on around the house and it's sooooo hot and humid! HELL YEAH I miss winter!!! Shoot, I miss spring and fall too! Summer sucks! The skeeters have just got as bad as I remember! Did I say summer sucks? Oh the grass is growing faster than I can keep up with though, so it looks like I live in a wild meadow! Summer sucks! Summer sucks! Summer sucks!

Back