Anybody run a EFCO MT 8200

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buffhunter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Really thinking about getting a EFCO MT 8200. Would like to know how they run and anything good or bad??????? Just thought it would be a good deal for a 82cc saw for $679. Just want something in the 80cc plus range and I dont have the 1000 to 1200 bucks to spend. Thanks for the help

Dom

Just a heads up with a dolmar 7900 you're basically still in that price point and you're at that size range.

I have not seen anyone with an 8200 on here but hopefully someone comes along.

Al the smaller efco's in their various skins and aliases have gotten good reviews on this site however.

Also be careful they changed the bar mount on that saw midway through production from something rare to not so rare, if you're looking at old stock beware of which bar mount it has. I think they are now running husky large mount.

Haven't run the 8200 but have a 980, which is an older version of the same powerhead.

The question is, what do you plan to do with it, or with any 80cc saw ? It's smaller than ideal for milling, and heavier than ideal for felling and bucking.

The pro Efcos are mostly well made saws. However, I wouldn't buy another one because I've never been able to get the air filter system to prevent fines from getting inside the engine.

Back