Anyone else see these at sears?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to admit, though, these particular Craftsman saws are a damned bit better than previous iterations where they were selling rebranded plastic Homelites, Poulans, etc., from the very lowest end of their respective product lines. So for the person intent on buying a Sears saw, they at least have a fighting chance of getting something worth a half a damn.

I think the closest Sears store is probably Louisville or Cincinnati, the local store in the mall closed several years ago.

Sears? This thread should be named: 'Anyone else see a Sears? '

I mean, Sears stores are pretty much nonexistent around here. When I was a kid here there used to be a huge 8 story Sears building downtown where you could buy virtually anything. I still have a ton of older Craftsman tools. Good tools those.

If only they sold a saw with a split alloy case, adjustable oiler, etc. Oh, well they do again:
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-18in...p-07138188000P?prdNo=3&blockNo=3&blockType=G3

spin_prod_1070204712

But you won't like it.......

I was thinking comparable price to the husky counterparts. I don't know what a 440 cost. These are marked as pro craftsmans. The reg saws are Chinese probably Remington/mcc stuff jeng fing

Sears? This thread should be named: 'Anyone else see a Sears? '

I mean, Sears stores are pretty much nonexistent around here. When I was a kid here there used to be a huge 8 story Sears building downtown where you could buy virtually anything. I still have a ton of older Craftsman tools. Good tools those.

I went in the one in Wasilla a few months ago to replace a tool. Big store. Parking lot was empty... hmmm. They closed? It was a Saturday afternoon, Walmart down the street was jam packed.

nope, they were open. I saw 3 other people the whole time I was there, and one was the cashier that helped me.

Back