anyone have any decent experience with Hyway cylinders over the likes of Farmertec?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam08ski

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Can't find an OEM 038 mag cylinder to do some port work with, need a quality AM cylinder!

You may have to sort through some videos, but check YouTube for afleetcommand. Walt has a few videos on aftermarket cylinders and his application of them. I don't think there are any specifically for the 038 Mag, but several on the MS660. He is around on the forum some and may chime in on this thread.

yep, watched these videos. I have a feeling that quality control on all these AM cylinders varies as I have had one on a par mag cylinder from Farmertec and one dog shite one. Don't want to get a Hyway one and it be the same. I should just wait for a decent OEM 038 mag one.... But waiting is an issue for my brain to comprehend.. I do have an OEM mag one on the saw atm but don't want to change anything on that...

Not had any experience with Am for Stihl but have fitted 3 or so husky Am ones from the Ebay guy from Greece ( Dandrikorp?) they have been good & all are still running several years on.

Not had any experience with Am for Stihl but have fitted 3 or so husky Am ones from the Ebay guy from Greece ( Dandrikorp?) they have been good & all are still running several years on.
great, think I have bought caber rings off them before, has a 52mm kit on the ebay shop. I have asked to see images of the bore and ports etc. Thanks

I've used several of the farmertec huztl kits recently that were good runners 372 50mm and ordered a big bore to try the hyway was a 026 kit and ran good i just had to clean up the ports a little.

Hyway cylinders are our number one seller, we basically stock 3 types of cylinders basic China, Hyway and Meteor, the issue we have with Chinese sourced cylinders is it is tough to find consistency from one lot to the next, my guess is the wholesalers in China are constantly finding new sources, as a result quality is often not reliable. As a result we have moved to branded cylinders such as Raisman or Stens, these suppliers physical inspect suppliers and stand behind their products so we source thru them. We physical inspect every cylinder we receive and reject approx 15%, cylinder bore pitting is the most common problem, this is a result of impure casting. Hyway products are produced in one plant in Taiwan, product quality coming out of Taiwan seems to be much better, so anytime we can source out of Taiwan we will. Hyway has very reliable consistency and produce a super good looking Nikasil bore. Meteor is also a good product, there cylinders are very similar to Hyway.

Latest posts

Back