Anyone know this brand ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a very basic mill and should work fine. I continue to use my rails, ladder, after I've made my first slab. Takes a few extra minutes but keeps the slabs straight. I bought a log lifter and never use it, it was just as easy to put a couple small pieces of wood under the log or cut 3/4 of the way through and then roll it over. Keep us posted how things go, Joe.

A couple of small issues with that mill are
- it uses 4 mill rails (pieces of metal that straddle the log). This is unnecessary and means it will have twice as much friction on the log as necessary during cuts.
- the handle on the mill is too low
- the height adjustment requires the loosening and tightening of 4 U bolts. This is also unnecessary - 2 U bolts in the middle of the cross place should be more than enough on such a small mill.

BTW any site that show someone milling on their knees makes me wonder if they really know what they are doing .

Bought this one , happy with it , there better out there , but way more expensive.

Been almost two weeks.....you surely must have milled something to show off by now?!?!?!

Scott (photo's are needed) B

Here by :)

82529.jpg

to use for

82537.jpg

Thanks for sharing!

Is that a 'raised bed' for gardening? And what milling attachment is this? Not familiar with this one.....

Scott (getting cooler outside) B

Thanks for sharing!

Is that a 'raised bed' for gardening? And what milling attachment is this? Not familiar with this one.....

Scott (getting cooler outside) B

Tcf one as mentioned in 1 st post :)

Back