Anyone recognize this porting?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After one heat cycle compression stands at 175. Not to shabby. Now I've got to mess with the throttle linkage. It's hitting the air filter and won't idle down enough.

So why didn't the intake bolts fit? What was changed from stock?

So I've been looking closer at this today and the carb is down tight to the case. I would think there would be at least a little clearance. The only thing I can think is that instead of milling the base of the cylinder someone milled the case? That would explain the decent squish clearance on a Chinese cylinder??? I'm not sure.
But now I know I overpayed for this. Just about every piece on this saw has something broke or tweaked. But buying this saw got me on this site, that's priceless! Lol!

The pin that the throttle lever pivots on had slid out of the case. It was flopping all over. The holes are worn so I had to put a screw in to keep it from moving. Got it all back together now. About to fire it up.

Fired right up again. Just about had the low side dialed in and it died. Fired and died 3 times. So I looked close and the high screw looked like it was way out. Went to check it and it pushed right in. The threads are stripped right out![emoji107]
So I pulled it off and under the carb I see this.
6d68f2e647e1915cb742c07e4921bbc0.jpg

So it's digging right into the case. So now I'm wondering if the gaskets were even tight seeing how it was being "pryed" up. Looks like I need a new carb and need to grind some of the case out to give it clearance.
Hmm. I wonder if this is even the stock carb on this saw.
0a6e2b66d8bd8722c3ac142523905cab.jpg

Anyone one have one for a 181se?

Venturi measures 20.3 mm and it has 11.7 stamped behind the throttle arm.
Anyone know if this is a stock carb for this saw?

Ok. So since this is a 288 jug should I get a carb for a 288? Will it fit? I'm not finding a carb for a 181 anywhere.

Meteor cylinders are cast in China and plated in Italy. Everyone seems to forget that part.
wouldnt surprise me, but that us how most companies are doing if they want better profit, outsourching.

I may just be weird, but I've never thought Itally was a high quality industrial land anyway....except Ferrari

wouldnt surprise me, but that us how most companies are doing if they want better profit, outsourching.

I may just be weird, but I've never thought Itally was a high quality industrial land anyway....except Ferrari
They did put out some good motorcycles.dont know about these days though since I've got out of bikes.

Anyone have a carb or know if a 288 carb will work? Looks to me I would have to modify the carb linkage,( remove the roller) or switch out for the one on mine. And it would have bigger Venturi which should be ok.

Back