Anyone recognize this porting?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make sure the cylinder extensions ain't bottoming out in the case.......and look carefully for any place that the transfer bulges might be contacting the case. Anytime a jug is lowered, ya gotta look closely at these things.
Hmm. Now that you mention it, the cylinder extensions were removed on the jug that was on there...
If they are hitting should I remove them completely or just file them enough to fit?

Make sure the cylinder extensions ain't bottoming out in the case.......and look carefully for any place that the transfer bulges might be contacting the case. Anytime a jug is lowered, ya gotta look closely at these things.
You were spot on!
The jug
dc5150c65450fafe7d70a9fa5e63da4f.jpg

The case
c9b9eb2d1f99dfadffcd671c08f92d13.jpg

Now that ain't gonna work!
And the mark tightening it down made
f2534fe8449117081e58a77444a0d7ab.jpg

Well I learned something today!
Thanks Mastermoob!!
It's gonna be a good weekend [emoji106]

Good deal man. Get that beast humming now.
Unfortunately it won't be til Sunday.
My beautiful wife is having a tag sale at her cousins. I just spent 3 hours loading up the truck. We need to be there at 7am and it's an hour away.
Oh well.... It ain't going nowhere....

Progress! A tiny bit of work with a file and the jug is down tight. Much better but still not holding vacuum. It comes down slow now. Oil seal behind oil pump was leaking. Fly wheel side is good. When I pulled oil pump the spring from the seal was just sitting there. And the rubber on the seal gas an impression on it from the spring. So I don't think it was installed properly.
Now I've got to get a few parts...

Progress! A tiny bit of work with a file and the jug is down tight. Much better but still not holding vacuum. It comes down slow now. Oil seal behind oil pump was leaking. Fly wheel side is good. When I pulled oil pump the spring from the seal was just sitting there. And the rubber on the seal gas an impression on it from the spring. So I don't think it was installed properly.
Now I've got to get a few parts...
On these old saws it is best to replace the seals before you run them I have found this on about every one I have pulled down. Good luck she will be a beast when you are finished.

Here is a pic of the seal with the impression of the spring from being installed improperly.
0fe9b5445490ae99f4db874658de0af5.jpg

Got the new seal in and she's holding a vacuum now. [emoji106]
Working on getting her back together now.

All back together! Fired up nice got her warmed up and dialed her in. Couple cuts and she started racing....
Yup I forgot to top her off....
Scared me for a sec!
Seems to be running real nice. Idles smooth, throttle response is a tad slow but maybe I can richen up the low a hair. Plenty of power in the cut.

Time to get some chains sharpened!

Back